Have you successfully renewed your driving license?

Have you successfully renewed your expired driving license?

• Yes

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 53 20.2%
  • Not expired

Votes: 88 33.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters

Bardor

No problem experienced here in George last week. Expected very long queue, but it was actually not bad , well organised and it was quick. Done.

nkd

After many, many..... attempts over 3 weeks I got an online booking and wasted 5 hours at the license office. Yes got it.

schalkjk

Expired in April. Managed to get an online booking date for March. The process is flawed in every way. Had to stand in the sun for half a day. What is going to happen when summer comes and it starts raining again?

Anyway, 6-8weeks was the initial waiting period. After 8 weeks I went back to go and collect only to be told to come back again after a week or two. Then started using the link online that is supposed to track your renewal.

After about 6months I decided to take the day off work to go and take a chance to see if my card was issued, even though the site still said its not ready.

schalkjk

And then?
Received it last week.

All I can say is keep hold of that slip you get as proof when you renew. I had to show it 2 times during the time I didnt have a valid license with me

Reactions: "D"

BigV2020

Renewed mine in time, but still waiting for the delivery of the actual license card at the licensing department.

Jola

Honorary Master
Some people seem to renew their driving licences in other provinces.

I live in Gautend, and this is just a total disaster, am thinking of renewing in Limpopo.

Any problems/requirements that I should be aware of ???

Stuey74

So if a person's licence expires on or just after Spring Day, they should know ... for sure, God hates them.
Lol yeah, in fact anyone from 1st September, they still have to deal with getting a booking or waiting in a queue