Have you suffered damage or losses because of load-shedding?

Have you suffered damage or losses because of load-shedding?

• Yes

Votes: 211 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 77 26.7%

• Total voters

morphman001

It's a domino effect, every one has lost something. Be it a TV, fridge or buying an ups, generator, solar panels or even a battery powered light. We have spent money on things that we should not really need but are forced to because eskom can't manage their power plants. We all spent money that should have been used for day to day living on surge protectors and portable lights. So yes, every one has had a loss in some way or other!!!

pegpluscol

Been wondering. Does the Government still pay Eskom the same amount during load shedding?

Sashus

Appliances, food, time, production... cost of alternate energy ie generator

katsclaw1

At my business- loss of sales as I have to close the shop.
At home- geyser thermostat literally burnt out.

Karien pdhs

The load shedding is just too much. When it comes to payment they don't hesitate to cut the power but when it comes to service delivery...... Need I say more?

raneels

Yes, router, as well as HD failed on micro server as it was on in a remote location

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I'm also one of those seemingly lucky people who's never lost an appliance or electronic item to load shedding. Maybe it depends on the area you live in and the way the power is brought back online?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Our fridge died on Thursday 13 February, pretty sue the motor is blown this time as the mains tripped when it blew. The kitchen was flooded. Not sue what we're going to do as we cannot afford an replacement fridge.
How does your kitchen flood from a dead fridge?

You need to maintain that thing...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
How does your kitchen flood from a dead fridge?

You need to maintain that thing...

You have to experience it to believe it. there are some el cheapo fridges with water connections, where the valve opens when the power fails!

Oenophile

The PC board on my dishwasher blew.
I have lost two alarm system power supplies.
I have had to purchase a generator and battery backup to keep my alarms, security cameras, lighting, freezers and air conditioning (we regularly experience temperatures in excess of 40 degrees in Calitzdorp) going.
I also pay for an internet connection which cannot be maintained during load shedding. In our small town, where ADSL lines have been taken away from us, this means that emergency services cannot be called during load shedding. This can lead to loss of life.