Have you used the SA Post Office in 2019/2020?

Have you used the SA Post Office in 2019/2020?

• Yes

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 57 54.8%

• Total voters

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Have you used the SA Post Office in 2019/2020? If so, what was your experience?
No, after SAPO I went postnet which I cancelled somewhere in 2015. From there I've stopped all physical mail being sent to me. There's literally no reason for this post "modern times"...

Of course, I need to go in for my car's disc but that's another story having to pay yet another tax in RSA.

Tabi

Went in to buy a vehicle licence. Had my license renewal form which is a proof of address but they asked for it. Queues of more than 300 any day of the week. 3 cashiers in one till. They said only one computer is linked to license system. Took 4 hours.
Also made photo copies at R1,50 each. Day light robbery. Poor quality too.

D4N_CPT

Ordered two international packages on Cyber Monday, one via courier (arrived withing 10 days) and one via post (still undelivered).

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Not yet, but expecting an ebay parcel from a Korean seller. It is overdue, but that is not unexpected.

Jola

Honorary Master
Car licence renewal.

Packages (from eBay) are not arriving, seems that the parcel deliveries have again failed. Probably theft.

scienide

Expert Member
only renewal of car license, had to go back twice as they were offline and only took cash

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Car licence renewal only.
Local SAPO branch computers had been stolen so everyone was redirected to next branch, then long wait.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Only to receive international parcels - the delivery times improved mid-last year - but have gone to **** again. 3+ months.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Went in to buy a vehicle licence. Had my license renewal form which is a proof of address but they asked for it. Queues of more than 300 any day of the week. 3 cashiers in one till. They said only one computer is linked to license system. Took 4 hours.
Also made photo copies at R1,50 each. Day light robbery. Poor quality too.
Where on earth is this ?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Nope too damn dodgy the area the post office is located. I have ask someone to come with me to collect parcels now :(

DiabloDane

Expert Member
Collected 4 wish parcels over the period of a month, 3 was problem free..... last lady gave me crap over my green id book that i used 3 times previously .... i had to go make a damn certified copy at the police station to please her cause my book is torn

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I have to have a postal address. So I have a free post box with the SAPO. Free because they don't do street deliveries in our town or out at the farm. Every year I have to go into the PO to renew my box. And every year it is a fight. they keep insisting that I get my trust mail. Every year I have to explain that this is my private mail box. The farm, a company, has its own box that it pays for. R500 or something a year. I also have to explain that I am not a member of any trusts. I don't run a business and the only mail I ever get is municipality accounts for someone that had the box 15 years ago. I empty the box twice a year; when the box is due for renewal and just before my vehicle license is due for renewal, just incase they actually send a notification.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Yes. Begrudgingly. A package to Canada. Their progress...

...has been remarkable. Enough said.