• No plans to

Votes: 95 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 3.9%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Have you watched Oscar winning My Octopus Teacher? If not, do you plan to?

If you have seen it, what do you think? Did it deserve the Oscar?

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
It is brilliant! I really loved it - I learnt so much from it too.

Cius

Executive Member
Watched it a long while back, found it fascinating. A really interesting production. The whole angle where the guy brought his personal life into it was a little odd and unusual for a documentary but overall I liked the result. I'd give the parts around the actual wildlife 10/10 and the personal side show about 7/10.

3WA

Honorary Master
I watched it.

A couple of months later, a friend and I are at all-you-can-eat sushi. He gets the octopus. I ask him if he doesn't feel bad about eating such a smart animal. He tells me that if it was so smart, it wouldn't be on his plate.

ebendl

Expert Member
Yeah watched it one lazy Sunday afternoon when grandma wanted to show the kids.

It was interesting. A little bit weird, TBH, I guess that's why it won the Oscar.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Watched it a long while back, found it fascinating. A really interesting production. The whole angle where the guy brought his personal life into it was a little odd and unusual for a documentary but overall I liked the result. I'd give the parts around the actual wildlife 10/10 and the personal side show about 7/10.
Considering the documentary was about what he learned about life and rediscovering his purpose (hence the teacher) it's kinda appropriate background.
I really enjoyed it. Apart from where he didn't help it when it needed it. I was swearing at the TV during that section.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
It's in the queue, but then again so are many other series.