Have your holiday plans been disrupted?

Have your 2020 holiday plans been disrupted?

• Yes

Votes: 81 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Have your holiday plans been disrupted this year? Is a family trip to the coast or to visit others still on the cards or are you opting instead to stay home?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Nope went to Bluff in September, best time to go to KZN, not to hot, not to cold, the goldilocks principle :)

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Have your holiday plans been disrupted this year? Is a family trip to the coast or to visit others still on the cards or are you opting instead to stay home?
No for December as I normally take off mid yearish, but yes that obviously was locked up by the government. haha (?)

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Was supposed to go to Partranoster Aug/Sep
Now in Feb 2021.............if not in lockdown.

Artanis

The Humble Scot!
April was lost. Rescheduled for September, but also fell through owing to some of the restrictions in place. No plans made for Dec/Jan as the avg weekly numbers are on the rise again and I am not sure if travel will not be restricted again. It is what it is.

chrisc

Executive Member
Earlier this year. A cruise to Japan was cancelled and it took 4 months of nagging to get a refund. The excuses given were quite ludicrous

Cius

Executive Member
Had a holiday booked for June/July break. Had to cancel due to lockdown. Fortunately no financial loss but we really missed the break as a family. Only the second time since14 years of marriage that we missed our annual family getaway (the other time being the year after we bought our home).

Stuey74

Sort of, not really a holiday but the first weekend in December is a getaway for me and the wife - Poison rally cancelled so our annual long weekend getaway not happening.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I realised this morning that going out on New Years will be short lived because of curfew.

Mr G

Planned a week in the West Coast from 2-7 Jan, until I got a job offer to start working in Jhb on 04 Jan.

Sepeng

Expert Member
December plans, no (or at least not yet) - we're heading out.
October - Yup, was supposed to be in Iceland of all places.

ld13

Honorary Master
There is no way we can justify heading to a small coastal town with shops that will be packed with loads of people. Normal holiday routine to be broken for the first time in 30+ years. :crying: