Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine but no infection parties, please

Little-Mermaid

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label. The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.

Mirai

Expert Member
No sure how much greater, given the numbers are rather small. Also no deaths. So...?

People will latch onto anything to NOT get a shot which is less dangerous than the actual infection.

airborne

Honorary Master
But I've seen more than a few mentions of people that got Covid early on and had very mild symptoms and then got Delta and promptly died?

Also you are playing Russian roulette hoping the initial infection is mild and you don't die in round one.

So probably best to get the vaccine, if you get Covid it'll be mild but then your immunity will be at uber level, win-win.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Get the 2 pfizer shots, 3rd shot should be a non-delta full on covid sissy strain. This is the safest way to beat delta. When covid and vaccines merge....

Sensorei

Executive Member
A friend of mine is a doctor who got Covid last year AND got the J&J vaccine earlier this year. Well, she just had Covid again and passed it on to another couple I know, one of who is vaccinated. Their kids had a sleepover and now 3 kids have Covid and another parent tested positive resulting in 2 classes of kids in different schools all staying home for 2 weeks because it's already spread to other family members. The vaccine is doing F'all to stop transmission.

Nuke

But I've seen more than a few mentions of people that got Covid early on and had very mild symptoms and then got Delta and promptly died?

Also you are playing Russian roulette hoping the initial infection is mild and you don't die in round one.

So probably best to get the vaccine, if you get Covid it'll be mild but then your immunity will be at uber level, win-win.
Totally opposite from our experience. After getting sick in Dec (probably Beta), being exposed again in Jul(very likely Delta) only made me really tired for a few days. Maybe a few sinus issues as well. My friend got even less effects this time around.

Its sound more and more to me like people immune systems are not working properly. If that is the case, it won't matter if you get covid or the vaccine. Well maybe if you take the vaccine every 3 month or so to keep the antibodies up it may work, but sound like a stupid plan to fix a problem like that. Its like pouring in a pint of oil every time your stop that the filling station, because your car need new rings. Yes, the car keeps running, but you are not fixing the original problem.
Why I can only speculate, but I would look at VitaminD levels, stress levels and insulin resistance first. Most people are totally unaware of their level of insulin resistance. Most of the time only glucose levels gets screened for, and when glucose starts rising out of spec, you are pretty damn insulin resistant.

Little-Mermaid

No sure how much greater, given the numbers are rather small. Also no deaths. So...?

People will latch onto anything to NOT get a shot which is less dangerous than the actual infection.
Or maybe covid is not the big bad boogy man that it was made out to be for most people and people don't want a booster every six months?

Mirai

Expert Member
Or maybe covid is not the big bad boogy man that it was made out to be for most people and people don't want a booster every six months?

So far only one booster is contemplated in the States. So I don't know about every six months.

flytek

You will be hearing about second and third etc etc booster shots every six months after the last round of boosters. No-one has gotten that far yet but you can bet your bottom dollar its coming.
Also coming are more rational times when most are vaccinated or previously infected, countries will drop all the restrictions and leave people to their own devices and choices much to the consternation of the real covidiots who support forced vaccination, vaccine passports, vaccine mandates to keep your job or buy food, travel bans, lockdowns etc etc.

Conack

Expert Member
Anyone got covid? I need to get immunity.
Not good enough, government and your fellow man will still force incentivize you to get the vaccine by refusing access to restaurants, travel, booze and whatever else they can. Remember, ONLY the vaccine is good - f/uckall else means anything.

... /s

Mirai

Expert Member

Pfizer vaccine. Studying households. With two unvaccinated in the couple, when one tests positive, within 10 days the chance is 50% of the other one testing positive for Covid-19. When you have both members of the couple vaccinated, when one tests positive for Covid-19, the chance of the second becoming positive within 10 days is 12%. It is a modest reduction but these are couples, so people who live together and sleep together.

Mirai

Expert Member
You sure about that?

Every time vaccines are brought up, the first thing that's mentioned is "You're being a selfish **** if you don't get the vaccine, because now you'll infect everyone else and especially those unfortunate to not be able to get the vax for medical reasons".

Stop vs reduce. Yes there is often a degree of selfishness when people just look at their own risk and ignore the vulnerable around them. If someone is genuinely scared of side effects, one can't fault that. But when people only base their choice on well my risk is 1 in 500 or better, if I get COVID, and I probably won't get COVID anyway, who cares. After all my arm could be a bit sore and why bother. No doubt this group correlates with anti mask attitudes too.