Hawks confirm raid at Gupta residence

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
The NPA and Hawks are doing what they were supposed to be doing all along but uBaba was standing in the way.
The timing is suspicious though - on the same day that Zuma is expected to 'respond' to his recall.

This is more of a threat to him to do as you are told, and not to get any ideas of throwing a spanner in the works in his response.

I am concerned about the political interference in these institutions. They should have done this a long time ago. They're just taking their orders from Ramaphosa instead of Zuma now...

R13...

Honorary Master
Well, I have to disagree, sort of. If they were ordered/nudged/pushed to not make arrests that were imminent, then yes, that's a very, very bad thing. The other way around, (as is currently the case) might indicate that something was very wrong and is slowly being rectified- but that would also mean that someone at the NPA/Hawks was bought- and that issue then needs to be addressed as well.
He's right. It shows the Hawks are ready to leap and dance to the tune of the latest party leader. That means they just move their tongues from one set of boots to the next - if CR turns out just as corrupt they'll sit back and do nothing for 10 years. Even Shorn is only bestirring himself when he smells the winds of change to so obviously protect his own worthless hide.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
He's right. It shows the Hawks are ready to leap and dance to the tune of the latest party leader. That means they just move their tongues from one set of boots to the next - if CR turns out just as corrupt they'll sit back and do nothing for 10 years. Even Shorn is only bestirring himself when he smells the winds of change to so obviously protect his own worthless hide.
If that is the case (and I'm not saying it isn't), then this applies:
but that would also mean that someone at the NPA/Hawks was bought- and that issue then needs to be addressed as well.

R13...

Honorary Master
If that is the case (and I'm not saying it isn't), then this applies:
Why do you think Dramat was given a golden handshake to ride off into the sunset? He was apparently beginning to show signs of containing a spine so he got hounded out and paid off to leave. The management at the Hawks have been serving Zuma's interests since then. Dramat is not the only one who got shafted for being a bit too independent, General Sibiya got the same treatment. The previous NPA head got the same.

R13...

Honorary Master
Immunity for turning against showerhead and his accomplices? Would pay to see that spectacle unfold... :crylaugh:
Unless the Guptas recorded the various meetings and discussions it'd be hard to tie showerhead directly to anything. He used his son and others as go between for the actual dirty work from what I see in reports.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The Hawks have been deployed by zuma to do what they do best. They will destroy evidence and botch the investigation and ultimately fail in the prosecution. All the while taking the spotlight off zuma himself.
The chance of this being the truth cannot be ignored sadly.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Unless the Guptas recorded the various meetings and discussions it'd be hard to tie showerhead directly to anything. He used his son and others as go between for the actual dirty work from what I see in reports.
I'm sure they would have some evidence. Surely they would have known this day would come, and they'd need an insurance policy...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I'm sure they would have some evidence. Surely they would have known this day would come, and they'd need an insurance policy...
Pretty sure it doesn't make sense to give Al Capone a deal to prosecute his lieutenants and runners.