Hawks raid Zandile Gumede's plush Durban North home

Grant

Honorary Master
Members of the police's special investigating unit, the Hawks descended on the plush Durban North property of former eThekwini Mayor, Zandile Gumede on Thursday to seize assets related to a dodgy R208 million tender within the Durban Solid Waste (DSW) department that she is facing corruption charges against.

The properties of two other people connected to the tender were also raided by the Hawks and the National Prosecuting Agency's Asset Forfeiture Unit where sports cars and other assets were taken.

Gumede was not at the Illchester Avenue property in Durban North when the police arrived. Attempts were being made to reach her to serve her with a notice to attach her assets.

Gumede, who was recently relieved of her mayoral position by the ANC is currently in facing fraud, corruption and racketeering charges, along with nine other people in the Durban Commercial Crime Court.

The charges stem from an investigation by the Hawk's National Clean Audit Task Team (NCATT) investigation at the eThekwini Municipality that also saw DSW deputy head, Robert Abbu and the city's supply chain manager, Sandile Ngcobo arrested in relation to the tender.

Grant

Honorary Master
Hawks and AFU seize luxury sports cars, cash at Zandile Gumede's home

The crime fighting unit says it is in the process of seizing more than R250 million worth of assets.

Range Rovers, Mercedes Benz and Audi branded vehicles, luxury sports cars Porsches and a Lamborghini, as well as an undisclosed amount of cash were taken in so far in the operation on Thursday morning.

The former Durban Mayor was not at her Umhlanga home, she lets it out on rent. The Asset Forfeiture Unit and Hawks are about conduct a seizure at Gumede's Inanda residence.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This dirty ANC cadre must have p!sssed off the wrong leeda.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Tough times, hopefully the Hawks have all their ducks in a row, would hate if the assets are later returned like the Guptas.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I like how she says everyone knows she lives in Inanda.....

Sorry Zandile, but just because you've moved doesn't mean everyone automagically knows, the onus is on you to update the relevant authorities (especially the authorities who are responsible for your bail conditions.)

Eniigma

Expert Member
@mods

merge with

plix?

ubercal

Expert Member
Seen a good number of houses around Umhlanga that i always think .... hmmm wonder which politican lives in that house.They stick out like a score thumb.Just the other weekend there was a funeral get together in my road and a whole lot of metro motorbikes started pitching up outside a house.Great use of our tax payers money

Last edited:

thechamp

Honorary Master
Are all of those are hers? They don't look too comfortable for her ample proportions, I expected to see a Range Rover somewhere.

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
Are all of those are hers? They don't look too comfortable for her ample proportions, I expected to see a Range Rover somewhere.
Maybe kids' or more likelythose seized from accomplices. Perhaps she's a collector.

ubercal

Expert Member
most likely her extended family , doubt she even has a clue about porsches or lambos :laugh:

R13...

Honorary Master
Whatever happened with the promise of lifestyle audits. It is obvious many of these officials are living well outside reasonable means.