HBO fighting Game of Thrones piracy

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Give me a legal way to watch it and I will, until then, I'll pirate it. By legal I also mean up to date since there are spoilers all over the web. I don't want to start watching Season 6 after it has ended.

Showmax has the decency to promote the start of Season 6 premiering on M-Net but not on Showmax. Go fly a kite.

GoT fever is reaching pandemic proportions with season six premiering in South Africa on Monday 25 April at 3am.

http://blog.showmax.com/2016/04/crush-seven-kingdoms-and-more-this.html

Lupus

Honorary Master
Give me a legal way to watch it and I will, until then, I'll pirate it. By legal I also mean up to date since there are spoilers all over the web. I don't want to start watching Season 6 after it has ended.

Showmax has the decency to promote the start of Season 6 premiering on M-Net but not on Showmax. Go fly a kite.

http://blog.showmax.com/2016/04/crush-seven-kingdoms-and-more-this.html

There is a legal method, you just don't actually want to pay for it. So therefore you cannot moan and say there isn't a legal method if you don't want to actually use it. Pay the R800 a month and watch it the same time it airs in the States or wait for it to come to another method for you to legally use it. Don't use the "legal" excuse if you are circumnavigating the legal route.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
There is a legal method, you just don't actually want to pay for it. So therefore you cannot moan and say there isn't a legal method if you don't want to actually use it. Pay the R800 a month and watch it the same time it airs in the States or wait for it to come to another method for you to legally use it. Don't use the "legal" excuse if you are circumnavigating the legal route.

Depends if you believe MultiChoice is an ethically operating legal company, or a state-protected unethical illegal monopoly.
Monopolies are illegal in SA, which makes MultiChoice technically illegal....
http://www.compcom.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/pocket-act-august-20141.pdf

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yeah no. Not going to pay that price the next two months when even the Blu-Ray box set will be cheaper... Lol I can watch/download s6e3 on DSTV Now:

Game Of Thrones S6, Ep3
18 | 60 min

Aired: Sun 8 May 16 | Available until: Mon 6 Jun 16

Multiple Emmy award winning fantasy drama that follows the epic struggle for power and survival between several royal families, in the fictional kingdom of Westeros.

Download 347 MB
That quality will be a 720p at best. Not to mention DSTV Now doesn't even have a Samsung smart tv app.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah no. Not going to pay that price the next two months when even the Blu-Ray box set will be cheaper... Lol I can watch/download s6e3 on DSTV Now:

That quality will be a 720p at best. Not to mention DSTV Now doesn't even have a Samsung smart tv app.
So than don't moan that you've got no legal means to watch it when you do :) you just don't want to pay.
Isn't dstv now for premium subscribers?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
So than don't moan that you've got no legal means to watch it when you do :) you just don't want to pay.
Isn't dstv now for premium subscribers?

Yes registered using my parents premium subscription on a smartcard that doesn't even exist anymore.

Necropolis

Executive Member

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
But they aren't a monopoly.
They have the sole rights to broadcast certain shows - but that does not a monopoly make.

And do you know how they got those rights?
Do you know the procedure that they use for getting Sports Broadcasting rights?