• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

HBO's Ballers (2015 Series)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
It looks like there is no thread. I'm rather late to the party here. Had Season 1 on my lappie & HDD for over a year & finally give it a watch...a fan from get go. Next day dl'ed S2.

I found it most enjoyable & ticks many boxes. I fully agree with the opinion that the show is the NFL version of Entourage. I was a big Entourage fan back in the day & the similarity of the two shows are uncanny yet the two shows still remain distinctive.

The Rock is in top form here & Rob Corddry is great as well.

Binge-watched S1 (10 epi's) on Friday & S2 (10 epi's) on Sat.

S3 commences in June 2017.

Anyone else a fan?

Last edited:

MightyQuin

Executive Member
It looks like there is no thread. I'm rather late to the party here. Had Season 1 on my lappie & HDD for over a year & finally give it a watch...a fan from get go. Next day dl'ed S2.

I found it most enjoyable & ticks many boxes. I fully agree with the opinion that the show is the NFL version of Entourage. I was a big Entourage fan back in the day & the similarity of the two shows are uncanny yet the two shows still remain distinctive.

The Rock is in top form here & Rob Corddry is great as well.

Binge-watched S1 (10 epi's) on Friday & S2 (10 epi's) on Sat.

S3 commences in June 2017.

Anyone else a fan?

Brilliant show. Cannot wait for S03.

Magandroid

Expert Member
Definitely a fan of both shows. Cannot wait for season 3 to start. You might also like to try Pitch which is about the 1st female player to play in the mens baseball league.

phoenix99

Expert Member
I enjoyed it. It's basically entourage but with Football players and generally more interesting people.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I've only watched season 1 so far, enjoyed it a lot. But the stupidity of some of the characters was a bit annoying. Not that humans don't do stupid things daily.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Glad people are enjoying it.

The series has the same amount of hot babes (T's & A's) as Entourage.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I've only watched season 1 so far, enjoyed it a lot. But the stupidity of some of the characters was a bit annoying. Not that humans don't do stupid things daily.
As someone that follows the NFL, you have no idea how stupid some of those players can be.

One guy (Plaxico Buress) shot himself in the thigh at a nightlcub when his gun fell down his pants and he pulled the trigger trying to grab it. The guy wasn't licensed to carry a concealed weapon either, so he was arrested as well. Another player (Jason Pierre-Paul) damn near near blew his hand off with a firework and had his index finger amputated, nearly ruining his career. These were not no-name players either, they were high-profile guys.

Then you get the guys that can't leave their pasts behind them and they get caught up in gang-banging, shootouts and drug possession or just party their careers away and get sucked dry by hangers-on. Many of them are basically as depicted in the show; man-children that haven't yet grown up and get themselves in to stupid situations.

Back on track; I really enjoy the show because it is a pretty good depiction of the NFL, right down to the health issues many deal with and indeed deny and the poor financial decisions made by even the highest earners in the sport.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
As someone that follows the NFL, you have no idea how stupid some of those players can be.

One guy (Plaxico Buress) shot himself in the thigh at a nightlcub when his gun fell down his pants and he pulled the trigger trying to grab it. The guy wasn't licensed to carry a concealed weapon either, so he was arrested as well. Another player (Jason Pierre-Paul) damn near near blew his hand off with a firework and had his index finger amputated, nearly ruining his career. These were not no-name players either, they were high-profile guys.

Then you get the guys that can't leave their pasts behind them and they get caught up in gang-banging, shootouts and drug possession or just party their careers away and get sucked dry by hangers-on. Many of them are basically as depicted in the show; man-children that haven't yet grown up and get themselves in to stupid situations.

Back on track; I really enjoy the show because it is a pretty good depiction of the NFL, right down to the health issues many deal with and indeed deny and the poor financial decisions made by even the highest earners in the sport.
Cool...thanks for the insight.

I know jack about the NFL but that does detract away from what is a great show.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Yeah, true. I suppose for many it's also because they're thrown into a world of fame and money when they've come from nothing. Very difficult to adapt and not get exploited and/or screw up. Many also feel obligated to help others but end up just losing everything.

This reminds me - I still need to watch Concussion, too.

I like it especially the chemistry between The Rock and Cordry

Fun fact: Guy playing Ricky Jared (beardy one) is Denzel Washington's son.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Yeah, true. I suppose for many it's also because they're thrown into a world of fame and money when they've come from nothing. Very difficult to adapt and not get exploited and/or screw up. Many also feel obligated to help others but end up just losing everything.

This reminds me - I still need to watch Concussion, too.
Fair point and I've seen a few players admit to this. I know one player actually got a court order against his family because they wouldn't stop pestering him for money.

Concussion was good, a little but Hollywood at times, but it tells the story of damaged players really well.