Headphones

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Which headphones would you guys recommend and which ones do you guys use?
For office use, when trying to concentrate, when trying to cut noisy fckers out.

So far, the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 seems like the best pair of headphones given its price, feature set and how well it competes with the Bose QC35 and Sony 1000XM3.

I would also like to just use ANC with no music playing so that I can study and again, cut these noisy fckers out.

gamer16

Executive Member
Hmmm how about in ear earphones like these, I have some and adore them, they are very comfy and will isolate you from the noises around you properly.

gamer16

Executive Member
I hate in-ear.
Can never find one that fits snugly.
Those loops these have are adjustable and sit inside your ear towards the back, this pushes the earpiece into your ear and is adjustable.

Bit expensive to try though but yeah they stay snugly in.

gamer16

Executive Member
Some reviews here, many others to choose from, just google them.

A loop of flexible plastic winds around the earpiece, forming the letter P as it sweeps around and back into a little groove in the metal shell. It’s a bit provocative – a bit The Fifth Element – when matched with the stark diagonal angles of the buds – but it’s not just there for show. This loop fits into the curve of your ear, just above your ear canal, to give a more secure fit. Initially, this seemed to us to be a recipe for earache, but it’s remarkably comfortable.

The loop is fully adjustable, enlarged or made smaller with a quick pull, yet the grip the groove in the earbud supplies is strong enough to stop it from moving about in normal use. It is a rather brilliant design, and one that would almost certainly fall apart, perhaps literally, in less capable hands. Bowers & Wilkins also claims that an internal tungsten sound tube means the earphones are weighted towards your ear rather than away from it in normal use, making them even less willing to fall out.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I always use SONY NC headphones. Works for crowds, planes, driving etc
What pair of Sony?

As for in ear, how is the breath-ability on the B&W's? Extended use of the couple of in-ears I had before left me with pain after extended use. :p

gamer16

Executive Member
What pair of Sony?

As for in ear, how is the breath-ability on the B&W's? Extended use of the couple of in-ears I had before left me with pain after extended use. :p
The ring thingy that holds them in if set to tightly becomes uncomfortable after a while so you have to set it correctly for your size and also the pieces suck themselves into your ear somehow after a couple of minutes which creates a strong vacuum and makes music sound damn nice due to the seal but if you then just yank them out it hurts like a ********** so you have to take them out by breaking the seal first which I do by tilting them upward.

Also if you don't like the P ring thing you can just pull it out and bend it straight then you have a normal set of earphones but keep in mind they are heavy as hell so they kinda need the support.

bromster

Expert Member
Which headphones would you guys recommend and which ones do you guys use?
For office use, when trying to concentrate, when trying to cut noisy fckers out.

So far, the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 seems like the best pair of headphones given its price, feature set and how well it competes with the Bose QC35 and Sony 1000XM3.

I would also like to just use ANC with no music playing so that I can study and again, cut these noisy fckers out.
I've had 2 sets of the original Backbeat Fit. I love them. The battery is amazing. The cable doesn't sit on your shoulders and drag the earbud out of your ear. Highly recommended. The only thing is that they are not noise-cancelling per se. They are designed to allow some outside noise in. Also, the reason I bought the original ones second time around is that there were multiple complaints on Amazon about the Backbeat Fit 2 Pro version relating to static noise through the earphones which couldn't be resolved. Lastly, I bought some JBL noise cancelling tips to replace the stock ones. They now sound better, cancel more noise and feel more snug whilst running.

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00KJLMBQQ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A8ML9S2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_HaRYCb1SHQB5C

Failing that, buy these. I recommend these to absolutely everyone. The battery is as good as any premium headphones I have used. The quality is exceptional for the price and have more bass than the Backbeat, JBL Yurbuds, JBL Syncros etc. Also, they don't have any fancy gizmos to try to keep them from falling out, and it just seems to work.

ZAR 325.57 55%OFF | KZ BTE Wireless Bluetooth Earphones Hybrid technology Sport Headphones waterproof HIFI Bass Earbuds In Ear Monitor APTX Headset.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bUcocxna

Their weakest point is the Bluetooth signal stability at distances over about 5 metres. In comparison, with the Backbeats, I can walk over to the gym water fountain about 8-9m away from my phone without the music starting to skip.

Last edited:

Masataka

I have the Sony, and they’re excellent. Better priced than the Bose and just as good.

Bought from Amazon when they were on sale.

itsme2

What pair of Sony?

their top of range over ears and earbuds, depending on which I grab

IguBu

Currently a good deal on the Sennheiser BTNC4.5 - R2399 (D wired) or Take a lot R2499. On Youtube - search for jimsreviewroom - very detailed review.