Health minister pleads that South Africans vaccinate to protect against "inevitable" fourth wave

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
South Africa's fourth wave of Covid-19 can't be stopped

Health Minister, Dr Joe Phaahla, says the festive season coupled with the movement of people is expected to trigger the “inevitable” fourth wave of Covid-19 infections.

“This makes it more urgent that more and more people come forward to be vaccinated because we want everybody in our country to be protected from this inevitable fourth wave.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Yup as shown in highly vaxxed countries like the UK, Austria, Germany, Netherlands etc. What vaccination will do is lower hospitalisations and deaths.

Ye sure, every week the reports coming out about the efficacy of the available vaccines being lower and lower than "estimated".

If you still buy into the idea that vaccines is a failsafe of any sorts then you are putting yourself at higher risk than unvaccinated people who simply make healthy clean decisions when out in public.

Swa

Honorary Master
Of course there will be, the cANCer can't let there not be one. :rolleyes:

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Ye sure, every week the reports coming out about the efficacy of the available vaccines being lower and lower than "estimated".

If you still buy into the idea that vaccines is a failsafe of any sorts then you are putting yourself at higher risk than unvaccinated people who simply make healthy clean decisions when out in public.

Nonsense. Where did he say anything of the sort? Just because you clearly have an agenda doesn’t mean you can shoehorn everyone who decides to get vaccinated into opposition.

I’m doubled vaxxed and I’m careful. I’m still at risk.

You’re not vaccinated and you’re careful. You are at a far higher risk of hospitalisation and death than I am.

End of. And no amount of special pleading will change that no matter what you think.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
When the 2 year vaccine trial period for safety and efficacy is over, as stipulated by the CDC, then I will likely take it. But thanks for offering yourself as a test subject. Your contribution is admirable.

Until then, I'm happy to be labelled an anti vaxxer 5G heathen by the branch covidians.

Thanks for offering yourself as a statistic. Your contribution to solving world overpopulation is admirable.

Oh, and trust me, I’m labelling away.

surface

Honorary Master
Thanks for offering yourself as a statistic. Your contribution to solving world overpopulation is admirable.

Oh, and trust me, I’m labelling away.
I found that at my workplace, many of the so called "proud" anti-vaxxers vaccinated themselves after death of one of their family members. It is rather tragic that one has to wait for someone in family to die to take action but that is how it seems to work. Lot of bravado for such a simple thing really. /shrugs

Spizz

Goat Botherer
That last line is a personality flaw. Not your fault. That can't be helped.

The first one is a trust issue. You simply don't trust your immune system to protect you from a virus that has less chance of killing you than you being hit by lightning.

But hey if you have fear or trust issues, I won't hold it against you.

Oh wow. You are so kind. But don’t worry about me because I have had many vaccinations in my life at the request of doctors and authorities and never have I thought I’m getting it because I don’t trust my immune system.

Hmm, I guess another personality flaw of mine is that I’m not arrogant or stupid enough to think I know better than the experts.

Swa

Honorary Master
When the 2 year vaccine trial period for safety and efficacy is over, as stipulated by the CDC, then I will likely take it. But thanks for offering yourself as a test subject. Your contribution is admirable.

Until then, I'm happy to be labelled an anti vaxxer 5G heathen by the branch covidians.
Actually what has happened in the meantime convinced me not to take it. It they did the trials first I might have taken it not knowing about the inefficacy that has since come forth.

I found that at my workplace, many of the so called "proud" anti-vaxxers vaccinated themselves after death of one of their family members. It is rather tragic that one has to wait for someone in family to die to take action but that is how it seems to work. Lot of bravado for such a simple thing really. /shrugs
Yeah people don't know how to analyse stats and understand science.

Paulsie

Expert Member
I’m doubled vaxxed and I’m careful. I’m still at risk.

You’re not vaccinated and you’re careful. You are at a far higher risk of hospitalisation and death than I am.
That I'm afraid depends on age and medical condition. An unvaccinated healthy 30 year old has a lower chance of hospitalization and death than unhealthy double vaccinated 70 year old.