Health minister pleads that South Africans vaccinate to protect against "inevitable" fourth wave

access

Honorary Master
Unfortunately that is not true, on two levels. People who are 100% healthy (by every measure) can and have died from Covid. Secondly many people have undiagnosed comorbidities, such as blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and BMI.

By the time you add both together, almost half the population of SA (with it's generally poor health) are at risk in some way or other.

i did say in general, as in normally. yes this virus does catch some healthy people. but then also dissipates easily from some really sick people...

besides, healthy and healthy looking (or/and young) people have been dying before covid came along, covid put another spotlight on it, amplified by the hysteria.

a bit lazy now so excuse the kak example.

Swa

Honorary Master
The one outlined above that means amongst other things, I can travel again.
Explains why you're happy with everything else.

I only watch stand up comedy and some music videos on Youtube. I most certainly do not get me news from there.
Explains why you have no clue what's going on.

I went with what I reason is my moral duty to my family, my community and to you.
You went with you.
You went with what you have and believe. Helps when it falls in line with what's "expected" as well.

And I'm the selfish one?
And you didn't? Getting vaccinated has no positive for anybody but yourself no matter how much you try to convince yourself of something else. New data seems to indicate even that isn't real.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ooh, a dick measuring contest. Cool, okay, well I bet you haven't.

Since the pandemic started I've been in 8 international airports...

Cape Town
Johannesburg (including 2 weeks forced quarantine)
Yangon
Singapore
Dubai
Glasgow
London Heathrow
Amsterdam

Two weeks ago I was in Johannesburg for 5 nights and I met up with some regular posters from here. At a pub. We drank beer. Other than that I visited a shed load of offices of several well known contractors.

Two weeks before that I stayed a hotel at the Waterfront in CT for 4 nights. Again, visiting offices.

I've had overnight or longer visits to Vredendal, Worcester, Lutzville, Robertson and Humansdorp (unfortunately).

I was at a packed pub on Saturday watching the rugby.

I visit friends or have friends round every weekend.

My wife has a restaurant I eat at every day.

I work in a shared space office 5 days a week.

Can you change the Zim dollars to Rand before sending to me?
So you only did those after getting vaccinated? :ROFL:

Swa

Honorary Master
Im happy with the everyone deciding for themselves approach and I'm against all the companies that want to threaten peoples jobs based on vaccine status. I do however believe the vaccine risk is very low for a healthy adult and that all the pseudo science excuses people use need to stop.
Well the risk of Covid is very low. Actually the younger and healthier you are more the risk from the vaccine increases and the more the risk from Covid decreases.

The Darkness

Expert Member
Why don’t they use that lakka animated Nguni cow that we paid over 100 bar for to do the pleading?