Healthy, strong but overweight 46 year old tech junky dies from COVID-19

Lupus

Honorary Master
Oh wait saw the problem

Ivermectin​

This is a side effect

"

Cardiovascular​

Cardiovascular side effects have included tachycardia and orthostatic hypotension. EKG changes, including prolonged PR interval, flattened T waves and peaked T waves, have been reported in single cases. Hypotension (primarily orthostatic hypotension) has been reported during postmarketing experience.[Ref]
"

krycor

Honorary Master
The top 5 commodities mentioned above is why the covid thing is a killer in the US and other 1st & developing world where people are more able to manage condition especially in higher lsms.. well till this pandemic which uses it against you.

Shame.. for the people who can’t take a vaccine even if they wanted due to health issues it must suck. Getting mine tomorrow..(discovery booking when gov issued me a slot earlier though middle of week sucks)

Corelli

Expert Member
Strange that they say " Overweight but with no comorbidities"
Overweight is like the entire american public. What you see on TV is Hollywood America, and not the real America

Comorbidities, if he has say Diabetes which can develop if you are overweight, and possibly chugging down large scale Coca Cola. Ironically my dad passed away in his 70s, would drink 2l or more of Coca Cola a day, and never got diabetes. Irony I would say.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Overweight is like the entire american public. What you see on TV is Hollywood America, and not the real America

Comorbidities, if he has say Diabetes which can develop if you are overweight, and possibly chugging down large scale Coca Cola. Ironically my dad passed away in his 70s, would drink 2l or more of Coca Cola a day, and never got diabetes. Irony I would say.
Lots of people have diabetes and are unaware of it.

Just saying...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Lots of people have diabetes and are unaware of it.

Just saying...

Also many many people are classified as overweight/obese based off the BMI scale.

I would say obesity is a much bigger problem in places like SA than they are in the USA although that doesn't really gel with many peoples preconceptions.

Mirai

Expert Member

Not every obese person gets diabetes. But as your BMI goes up so does your probability of developing diabetes. Not every smoker gets cancer. Not every IVDU gets HIV or Hep C.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Healthy, but overweight. Okay how fat was he?

The guy in the picture isn't just overweight. He is obese.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Is there going to be an article every time someone dies from Covid?

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
On 5 August, 46-year-old Tyron Stoltz from River Club in Johannesburg was supposed to receive his first Pfizer vaccination.

But three days earlier, Covid-19 claimed the life of the married father of two young boys after he suffered massive heart failure in hospital.

Now his sister, Kirsty Stoltz, is pleading with South Africans to get vaccinated before it's too late.

READ | SA estimates 220 000 excess deaths during pandemic - among worst in the world

"Ty is 46, overweight, strong – but with no comorbidities. He got sick before he could be vaccinated. He was taking ivermectin. It did not help him. It does not work. What does work, is being fully vaccinated with either the Pfizer or J&J vaccine," Kirsty wrote on her Facebook page a day before Tyron's wife, Michelle, called her with the dreaded news.

How many people here are exactly like this guy? My brother is a bit younger and he fits the exact same profile. My sister is this guy's age and has comordities, but just like the rest of my family, has thankfully gotten the jab.
My estate agent is obese, his wife is lean and fit (runner). She got Covid and it hit her bad - she has lost kidney function after. He doesn't know if he had it or not because he was asymptomatic. No sign of infection (it's now months later).

grok

Honorary Master
No worries here, I identify as Olympian physique..

Big Rat

Faark.
I'm 45. weighing 145 kg now.
I have Asthma as well.
My mother is a heavy diabetes sufferer, injections twice a day kind. so i probably have some genetic markers for this
My dad had heart attack at 32, he died 59 years old, after complication form his second triple bypass. my cholesterol and blood pressure ain't toot sweet, but still in OK range.

I was dead to the world for three weeks. Few evening when i prayed to just come fetch me, but only for the trip upstairs. If i am going downstairs, gimme a minute...
And here i am still.

People do not want to understand, this thing hits everybody in different ways.
Every shop test for fever, i had no fever, not once. The delta variant do not give you a fever. I had no dry cough either, started out with sinus pressure. dry heaving cough came later.
Keep yourself safe, no one outside will do it for you.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Faark.
I'm 45. weighing 145 kg now.
I have Asthma as well.
My mother is a heavy diabetes sufferer, injections twice a day kind. so i probably have some genetic markers for this
My dad had heart attack at 32, he died 59 years old, after complication form his second triple bypass. my cholesterol and blood pressure ain't toot sweet, but still in OK range.

I was dead to the world for three weeks. Few evening when i prayed to just come fetch me, but only for the trip upstairs. If i am going downstairs, gimme a minute...
And here i am still.

People do not want to understand, this thing hits everybody in different ways.
Every shop test for fever, i had no fever, not once. The delta variant do not give you a fever. I had no dry cough either, started out with sinus pressure. dry heaving cough came later.
Keep yourself safe, no one outside will do it for you.
People also don't understand their personal stories are anecdotal and that we have actual statistics for who is more at risk.