Heater - Gas vs ESKOM

Thor

Honorary Master
You should learn to take advice from those that have the experience. Take back the bottle. Get one from a petrol station and pay the deposit. In summer return it for the deposit. COSTS YOU NOTHING.
There is no petrol station in my area that does that, that is why I bought the bottle.

alqassam

Expert Member
There is no petrol station in my area that does that, that is why I bought the bottle.
Most stations don't take a deposit you need to take an empty.

You can get one at builders. Return the 800 crap tomorrow morning and go to builders and buy a full one .

biometrics

Honorary Master
Most stations don't take a deposit you need to take an empty.
That's not true. Where I've stayed I've always done it like that. For example: In Onrus, Hermanus I can get the bottle on deposit at Total. In Melkbosstrand at Sasol and Total.

alqassam

Expert Member
That's not true. Where I've stayed I've always done it like that. For example: In Onrus, Hermanus I can get the bottle on deposit at Total. In Melkbosstrand at Sasol and Total.
A few garages in Johannesburg refuse, some even only accept a certain brand cylinder.

biometrics

Honorary Master
@Thor,

Jeez it's really not that hard to call a petrol station. I called Total in Durbanville, they don't sell it but they said these do (line was bad so you may have to call again (0219769864 ) to make sure:

engen
durban road
opp rose garden

caltex
next mediclinic

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I go an buy the 9KG bottle at Game for R800

Just to find not a single Garage in the whole of Bellville and Durbanville does refills.

I really should learn my lesson and realize we live in a shithole country that doesn’t function like you’d expect.
Are you j@s? I pay R450-ish to fill my 19kg.

Thor

Honorary Master
@Thor,

Jeez it's really not that hard to call a petrol station. I called Total in Durbanville, they don't sell it but they said these do (line was bad so you may have to call again (0219769864 ) to make sure:

engen
durban road
opp rose garden

caltex
next mediclinic
Tired every single one of those.
None does.

I manged to get a full bottle from Tinybolt, good guy.

So will be firing up this bad boy now.