Heater - Gas vs ESKOM

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
The accepting of certain brands of bottles is normal though. I had to return my Sasol bottle to Sasol, Total wouldn't take it.
Actually its just the garage owner being a dick.
The bottles get resprayed and rebranded at the various depots with the various brands.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Annoyingly my washing machine doesn't have a hot water intake.
Many of the newer models only have one inlet, waste of water having 2 inlets and many houses only offer 1 outlet.
All our washes are done cold on our LG 7kg f/loader ,if heat is required it can be set with the cycle chosen.

rodga

Executive Member
What do u guys think of those wall panel heaters? Just got one from my neighbour as he is not using it.

Just got a new born and its quite cold for the little guy, was wondering if I should install the wall panel heater or dust off the old gas heater?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
What do u guys think of those wall panel heaters? Just got one from my neighbour as he is not using it.

Just got a new born and its quite cold for the little guy, was wondering if I should install the wall panel heater or dust off the old gas heater?
My wall panel heater means nothing. That thing is useless.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Yes, it's a Bosch serie 6, pretty high end
I have a serie 2 and mine heats the water right up to 90 degrees Celsius, mine also just has 1 inlet. But yours should also have a heating element like mine since yours is a better model than mine

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I have a serie 2 and mine heats the water right up to 90 degrees Celsius, mine also just has 1 inlet. But yours should also have a heating element like mine since yours is a better model than mine
Yes it has a heating element which works just fine, but I'd prefer it if it could use the house hot water supply because that is solar and gas, therefore MUCH cheaper

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Yes it has a heating element which works just fine, but I'd prefer it if it could use the house hot water supply because that is solar and gas, therefore MUCH cheaper
Ah now I get it, I misunderstood your original post. Sorry dude, yeah I get it these machines uses way too much electricity when you want to warm wash your clothes

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Ah now I get it, I misunderstood your original post. Sorry dude, yeah I get it these machines uses way too much electricity when you want to warm wash your clothes
Dishwasher total power so far is actually higher than the washing machine to my surprise. But the dryer has used more than both together

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Dishwasher total power so far is actually higher than the washing machine to my surprise. But the dryer has used more than both together
Then I guess I must count my lucky stars then and be grateful that my machine is on the safe side of power consumption.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Where? Obviously you're not considering using a gas heater in an infant's room.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member

We have used one for both our kids. You get a insert from takealot where you set the desired temperature where it should switch off or if you want it in eco mode etc.

We switch it on at about 6 on 22 degrees. It will switch off at that temp and on again when temp dips to about 20 degrees.

In the mornings we just switch it off again, works well for us.