Helen Zille’s new book hits #1 on Amazon for pre-release sales

dualmeister

Honorary Master
DA federal council chairperson Helen Zille is beaming with excitement after her latest book, Stay Woke — Go Broke, hit number one on Amazon’s best-seller list before its release.

Zille shared the news on social media on Tuesday.

The book is set to be in stores and online on April 26 and retails for $11,49 (about R167).
“Well this is fantastic news. Would never have expected this. Obviously the right topic at the right time,” Zille said.

Source

Vorastra

Expert Member
I'm not going to pretend like I'm going to read it.
Interesting play on the phrase "get woke, go broke" though.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Wait...what?

Is that why she made a u-turn? She used to be "woke" back in the days. Were her bankrollers running away?

Many in the DA was 'woke', they pretty much promoted wokeness, especially that Renaldo guy on social media.

Policy gears grinding...

JuliusSeizure

especially that Renaldo guy on social media.

I've been following Renaldo for a while and find a lot of his content cringe but to be fair to him, he never really promoted wokeness.

He used to try to present himself as a left-leaning centrist and his views were mainly in line with what the DA was pushing at the time. For instance, he claimed to support BEE (something which he flip-flopped on), didn't want farm murders to be given extra attention due to the prevalence of murder in general and felt Steve Hofmeyr should not be given much of a platform.

Now, he has U-turned on all three and even hosted Hofmeyr, saying that he does not believe he is a racist.

But to be fair to Renaldo, he used to go after "SJW's" even when Maimane led the DA.

surface

Honorary Master
Many in the DA was 'woke', they pretty much promoted wokeness, especially that Renaldo guy on social media.

Policy gears grinding...
all these bunch of woke, communists and bolsheviks ..pah.