Help identify these little cocoons

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
This morning while getting dressed I noticed a shadow at the back of my curtain as the sun was shining through it. I checked and there was this little cocoon attached to it. I then noticed a few of them on the walls also. What are making these little cocoons?

on the wall.png curtain.png

And no....this is not the spawn of Ockie. :p

Nirv

I think they're some kind of worm that disguise themselves as drols on the walls. We get a lot of them on our outside walls in CPT (have yet to see one in Stellenbosch though).

Stokstert

Executive Member
We have a lot of them lately on the walls in our outbuilding which has no ceiling, most of them are empty but some of them, in their early stage, have a small worm inside it and the whole cocoon gets dragged along by it. It is quite interesting to look at it with a magnifying glass.
It's only this year that I have noticed them in such big numbers.

Zewp

Banned
We struggled with them for years and finally figured out that they were hitching rides in the bird seed we were buying for the parrots. They're apparently quite harmless, but they do get in everywhere and they're very annoying. Check your cereal boxes and other dry foods to see if they've invaded anything.