Help me find where I can get this

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ahhh... yeah.. thats the problem.. I want the 40mm+ stuff, which just seems to be unavailable in this country... (unless its a standard plumbing fitting)

D3x!

Banned
Karam Plumbing in Commissioner Street close to Jeppe Boys High.
You sure?

What will it cost to print something like that using a 3D-printing service?
Will not be strong enough, I have a friend who could print it if it would have worked

Have just been to Builders' Express here in PE and they had plenty. In two different sizes and in white, red or black...

PS. it was in the irrigation items' aisle, not plumbing.
Ah ok, but it need the standard 40/50mm stuff

superdiy

The other option is to make use of elbows and T's like I did in this playpen I made a few years ago.

playpen.jpg

D3x!

Banned
yeah i was considering using T and elbows, it wont for my application look as nice or be as strong though, I would basically have, T, elbow, T, so there would be 8 feet with 2 on each corner to make it strong enough, for the first needs to hold my bully, which currently probably near 20kg.

nice play pen

agentrfr

Expert Member
holy fffffffff, typical south african company milking consumers. this part should sell for like R10
Sweet perpindicular aristocrats

My goodness. Dude. Just 3D print the part.

Fork me R500 for four PVC fittings

D3x!

Banned
Sweet perpindicular aristocrats

My goodness. Dude. Just 3D print the part.

Fork me R500 for four PVC fittings
I have a buddy who could print it, it wouldn't be strong enough and the layer height n the prints would have to be insanely small.

I will rather just go with haxing the corners i reckon :(

D3x!

Banned
I am wondering if it will be string enough to only have 4 leg supports where they are on the two opposite side like this

here is my rough idea modified to use T pieces and elbow joins, so blue is a T Piece, orange is an elbow and the green is the joining pipes.

Ideally it would look better without having 8 feet, but would it hold a 25kg dog?

tsume

The Pervy Sage
I'm sure I saw something like that at the Builders by East Rand mall in the plumbing section.

Colin62

Executive Member
25kgs? On 40mm or 50mm drain pipe? You'll have bigger issues with the dog eating the drain pipe than the pipe breaking.

D3x!

Banned
25kgs? On 40mm or 50mm drain pipe? You'll have bigger issues with the dog eating the drain pipe than the pipe breaking.
yeah i know that is a possibility, especially being a bull terrier. the weight i think it can handle, pvc is quite strong in smallish lengths

D3x!

Banned
I weighed the little b@stard last night, 6 months and 16kg for now, i think he should top out around 25kg

D3x!

Banned
You managed to weigh a Bully? That is impressive.
Haha he is pretty well trained, will sit and wait, lie down, come to the heel, do a send away, do jumps, weave etc. regardless though I weighed him with me :p but I do not doubt that I could ask him to sit on the scale and wait