help me upgrade my car audio

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Couldnt the sound shop just run wires that connect to the front speakers to the new rear speakers?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Couldnt the sound shop just run wires that connect to the front speakers to the new rear speakers?
I don't think that is wise, it will mess with the impedance ratings, just run the wires directly from the head unit to the rear, it's 4 channel.

joker08

Expert Member
So I have decided to get an amp and run 4 speakers of it. The active subwoofer idea is bad.
Will see how it goes then later decide if I want to run the front speakers of the unit directly and the rear speakers and sub through an amp

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So I have decided to get an amp and run 4 speakers of it. The active subwoofer idea is bad.
Will see how it goes then later decide if I want to run the front speakers of the unit directly and the rear speakers and sub through an amp
Why is the active sub idea bad?

joker08

Expert Member
Why is the active sub idea bad?
While I was at soundmatch I got a chance to hear it. It gives u some bass but is not effective. The sales guy at first was happy to sell me the underseat active sub, but when I said that this sub is not good, he said u will never get the quality of a sub in the boot from a underseat active sub.
Anyway he showed me a sub that fits in the boot but is removable so I think I will go for something like that.

rolysnax

Hi all

need some advice also busy with an upgrade. planning to put in two pioneer 12 inch subwoofers with a monblock to power it. As I already have 2 x 4 inch and 2 x 6.5 inch mids all pioneer running from the headunit. my question is do i need a second amp to power my mids or can i just leave it to run of my headunit.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Hi all

need some advice also busy with an upgrade. planning to put in two pioneer 12 inch subwoofers with a monblock to power it. As I already have 2 x 4 inch and 2 x 6.5 inch mids all pioneer running from the headunit. my question is do i need a second amp to power my mids or can i just leave it to run of my headunit.
Buy an amp for the mids as well, unless you just want doof doof.

rolysnax

Thank you. Amps that don't have subsonic filter should the subs be in a sealed box or can I place it in a ported box