Help needed with complaint to Telkom

How would you rate Telkom's service at the moment?

• Very good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Average

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Very poor

Votes: 34 77.3%

• Total voters

schitz011

Expert Member
Hi all.

After being told that my installation date would be the 1st of March and now told that they'll only have a provisonal date on the 31st March when they MAY have a date for me I complained that it was unacceptable and was hung up on!

Has anyone got a number I can call and complain to Telkom about this piss poor service?

*I know Telkom are painful, but this is a buisness connection and I need some action!*

schitz011

Expert Member
See, this is the attitude that got us all in this mess in the first place..

'dont' bother, won't help, not worth it..'

No wonder Telkom do what they like when people have an attitude like yours. Yes you can say your being a realist, but unless someone stands up and says 'no, I won't accept this and I won't be ridden roughshod over' then nothing will ever change.

Just like the guy in Midrand who had to kick up a stink to get some service from telkom. Eventually one has to take a stand and say 'no, you WILL listen to me, for I am YOUR BOSS (read customer)'

The country is full enough of apathetic, moaning twats who can be bothered to do anything proactive without attitudes like yours.

MFour

Expert Member
schitz011 said:

No wonder Telkom do what they like when people have an attitude like yours. Yes you can say your being a realist, but unless someone stands up and says 'no, I won't accept this and I won't be ridden roughshod over' then nothing will ever change.

Just like the guy in Midrand who had to kick up a stink to get some service from telkom. Eventually one has to take a stand and say 'no, you WILL listen to me, for I am YOUR BOSS (read customer)'

The country is full enough of apathetic, moaning twats who can be bothered to do anything proactive without attitudes like yours.
I can't agree more with you. I only wish I knew where you could lodge a complaint and get some action on it.

Would a local area newspaper not be interested in such a story? How a bout putting it to the "Proudly South African" bunch as a complaint against one of their subscribers?

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
schitz011 said:

oh i'm sorry :`(

can we still be friends?

armitage

Expert Member
Do a submission to ICASA. I know it's prbly not going to b looked at but it's one of your only recourses.

The more ppl that complain and submit these things to icasa the more chances are that you'll be heard.

Also you might consider submitting this as a news article for a couple of the printed media's.
I submitted one a while ago to the citizen and was printed.....though i couldn't get the paper here in cpt on the day it was printed.

Just do a search for submit newspaper or something.

schitz011

Expert Member
There was a series of stories in the caxton papers in the northern suburbs recently abouot Telkoms poor service..

Proudly South Africa doesn't seem to care based on others experiences with them, though they may be worth a shot.

I spoke to a helpful lady in Cape Town who suggested I try the ADSL installtion team and I informed her that when I asked to speak to the manager I was told that wasn't allowed and then had the phone put down on me.
She then remarked that 'they arn't supposed to do that' to which I replied 'well supposed to and do are two different things'

I swear to god, I'm getting sick of the run around I'm being given by Telkom.

schitz011

Expert Member
PostmanPot said:
oh i'm sorry :`(

can we still be friends?

Of course we can still be friends... I'm just getting sick of being told anytime I want to complain about anything (banks, telkom, lack of money, traffic) that I'm wasting my time..

s2000

schitz011 said:
Hi all.

After being told that my installation date would be the 1st of March and now told that they'll only have a provisonal date on the 31st March when they MAY have a date for me I complained that it was unacceptable and was hung up on!

Has anyone got a number I can call and complain to Telkom about this piss poor service?

*I know Telkom are painful, but this is a buisness connection and I need some action!*
I sugggest you can try get a isp account or borrow a friend of you acocount to test it.. perhaps the line is active on 1 st March... Like my case they say that they come to install on 30 jan... and i read this forum, the guy suggest me to test the line , then i borrow my friend account and test it. finally, it is active... And the technican phone me today say come to install today. i say i am not available today. and then change it to next week... Actually, i used the free adsl line (telkoms line) for a month.. haha... but i did apply the new isp account for myself... So don't trust what they say. better test the line on 1 st march...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
s2000 said:
I sugggest you can try get a isp account or borrow a friend of you acocount to test it.. perhaps the line is active on 1 st March... Like my case they say that they come to install on 30 jan... and i read this forum, the guy suggest me to test the line , then i borrow my friend account and test it. finally, it is active... And the technican phone me today say come to install today. i say i am not available today. and then change it to next week... Actually, i used the free adsl line (telkoms line) for a month.. haha... but i did apply the new isp account for myself... So don't trust what they say. better test the line on 1 st march...
Dont even need an account - when the ADSL light on the modem go on then you'll know the line is active.

schitz011

Expert Member
Hmmm.. Interesting.
I'll give that a try.

On the other hand I got TWO(!) calls from Telkom following up on my complaint about their rude customer service desk.. oh and an e-mail outling the situation and how they are going to try and rectify it..

Telkomhater

schitz011 said:
On the other hand I got ... an e-mail outling the situation and how they are going to try and rectify it..

Please be so kind as to copy and paste that email in here. (Just remember to delete all identifiable personal info about yourself.)

Strobemeister

Expert Member
If you call again, try get a job nr for your application. Once you're armed with that you can try get hold of the techies assigned to the job. Thats what i did and saved myself a bunch of waiting.

Frankc

I am damn deaf (really) but cannot agree more.

There IS far too few people in South Africa that have the guts and plain "Stand up and be a man" that don't accept anything just as if they don't have any selfrespect and a will of their own.

Again, I am deaf and cannot really achieve too much but it don't prevent me from creating my own www.consumer-forum.co.za and TRY to do things.

It don't prevented me from standing in front of Standard Bank with a big banner and when that fails, go straight to Head Office and hand over complaints (pamplets) to each and every one in and outside the bank. (Got good results)

It don't prevented me from walking into MTN's Head Office and start putting banners all over the place and in front of each employee and client. They said I must go but I told them I will simply go from place to place and even the media offices and they are welcome to follow me everywhere to remove such banners (Got the problem fixed within minutes)

It don't prevented me from walking into the Pretoria/Tshwane Town's Clerk's office and, in front of everybody (He was in a meeting) said that I will not leave until a specific problem was solved. (I was waiting several weeks and loose my temper after their accountant was very rude) (I got a PERSONAL cheque from the Town Clerk's expenses account right away and a letter to apologise a few days later)

It don't prevented me from standing in front of Edgars on a Saturday morning and bring all the traffic to a standstill. The police arrived later but well, there is no law agains talking to other people, and since I am deaf, I do the talking in writing. - It confused them a lot and they don't knew how to handle that until the manager arrived and resolve my problem there and then)

Come on guys.

The big organisations walk over you just like they want so don't moan if you don't like it because it's your OWN fault for allowing that.

Do something and we WILL win. Even if we all have to buy 100 shares in Telkom, and then actually showed up at a shareholders meeting and give them hell, or whatever other method we follow, sooner or later it will place so much pressure on the that they gave in.

I for one, if decided I WANT something, will NOT gave in until I got what I want. You CAN hear, and can COMMUNICATE, and CAN do much more than that I am able to do so........ (Ps. See my post "Nissan 4x4" just before I noticed this thread and post a reply)

antowan

Honorary Master
Telkom has hung up on me before. I think the idea of feeling sorry for their employees is outdated. being friendly to the call centre simply doesn't cut it when the service is poor. Telkom is an organization and that employee is simply a point of contact with that big blob of crap we call TELKOM.

My days of being friendly, nice and polite to Telkom employees are over. If they feel the heat, they can complain to their superiors who can start pushing the **** all the way back to the top where it belongs. No more mr nice guy. We all should get more angry!

I will be civil to a point, but only to a point. If things don't happen, I will turn on the anger and vent. Finish and klaar. :mad:

I am so pissed with this company it is unbelievable. Things are not moving along quickly enough. It is time we all get more angry. This company is getting away with murder! :mad:

Be vocal! Be angry! Stand in the que and throw a ****fit. I am not saying you must get violent. I am just saying sometimes a good way of protesting is to throw your toys out of the cot. Especially if nobody wants to listen to the cool, quiet, collected and niceness we have been oooozzzziiing for many years now. I am done with cool, calm and collected! **** TELKOM!

Last edited:

allyoucaneat

Banned
Shoei Antowan! I little bit of "sun of the beach" coming through there. Watch out: it is contagious. ;-)

antowan

Honorary Master
allyoucaneat said:
Shoei Antowan! I little bit of "sun of the beach" coming through there. Watch out: it is contagious. ;-)

hehehe. No, I just want to see that company split up and made into something good. It has turned into something that is just plain EVIL. Being "nice" isn't going to help. :)

What use is it to anybody if the call centre staff report daily that everybody phoning them is "Oh so happy!" ????? We must be pissed off at the poor service. If they hang up the phone, GREAT! That means, they get the friggin message!

Last edited:

antowan

Honorary Master
allyoucaneat said:
How would you split Telkom up? Along wholesale / retail lines. Or along the different regions?

Different regions.