Help please hosting for Woocommerce

Bsouthafrica

Hi

Web designers who work with Wordpress, Woocommerce and Divi... who do you recommend for hosting? I’m specifically looking for hosting that can handle my client’s online shop of about 5gb through Woocommerce and Divi.
My current hosting has the space but not the resources like CPU, I/O etc. I’m constantly getting 505 errors, and having glitches with php extensions. It’s a nightmare and I’m over the stress.
My host has recommended that the client go into a VPS which is not an affordable option for the client.
I have been looking into Divi recommended hosting that is tailored for Woocommerce such as Siteground and Bluehost.
Does anyone have experience with these hosts, or have any other solutions?

I am not sure why getting errors - the shop has about 4000 images but only ever has about 2 customers online at a time so don't understand why it is so resource intensive.

The client cant update products without getting 505 or 508 errors.
thank you.
Totally lost :)

Ruan @ Webluno

Webluno Representative
Company Rep
Well,

We run a pretty big WooCommerce website for one of our clients on shared hosting and the site performs quite well. This sounds like a backend problem to start with, how many plugins is the site running? Can we have a link?

Regarding your errors, we find that a lot of resource usage issues are due to badly coded scripts, such as 3rd party themes or plugins that are installed on WordPress websites. I would recommend that you deactivate the plugins and re-enable them one by one to find the culprit.

Let me know the outcome of the proposed solution above.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Sounds to me like the site is hitting the hosting plan resource limits and being throttled?

What happens if the site is moved to a plan that provides more resources?

These issues are never simple to resolve with one click approach as each site is unique.

One needs to review plugins, database optimization, caching, etc etc along with the hardware.

ycevents

Go to a provider like absolutehosting or hostafrica.... make sure you pick the option that has litespeed server on it as it makes a nice difference with it's wordpress litespeed plugin. They are fast so far with their speed.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hi

Web designers who work with Wordpress, Woocommerce and Divi... who do you recommend for hosting? I’m specifically looking for hosting that can handle my client’s online shop of about 5gb through Woocommerce and Divi.
My current hosting has the space but not the resources like CPU, I/O etc. I’m constantly getting 505 errors, and having glitches with php extensions. It’s a nightmare and I’m over the stress.
My host has recommended that the client go into a VPS which is not an affordable option for the client.
I have been looking into Divi recommended hosting that is tailored for Woocommerce such as Siteground and Bluehost.
Does anyone have experience with these hosts, or have any other solutions?

I am not sure why getting errors - the shop has about 4000 images but only ever has about 2 customers online at a time so don't understand why it is so resource intensive.

The client cant update products without getting 505 or 508 errors.
thank you.
Totally lost :)

Siteground and Bluehost are terrible. Don't use them.

Let Jade at Absolute Hosting sort you out. You won't find better value locally and their service is great. This is independent of the issues your site could be having, which could be a bunch not related to hosting. One bad plugin can ruin a site - it is critical to only use high-quality plugins.

What are you using for performance optimisation, image optimisation and caching?

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Thanks you @Bryn & @ycevents for the recommendations.

I suspect that the OP may already be a client of ours given the "505 or 508 errors" hence my suggestion that they may be hitting the limits on the hosting plan.

@Bsouthafrica - if possible request a quote from Bryn to see if he can review your site and optimize, fix it if you haven't come right.

He has a ton of experience with running fast and optimal WP sites.

ycevents

Siteground and Bluehost are terrible. Don't use them.

Let Jade at Absolute Hosting sort you out. You won't find better value locally and their service is great. This is independent of the issues your site could be having, which could be a bunch not related to hosting. One bad plugin can ruin a site - it is critical to only use high-quality plugins.

What are you using for performance optimisation, image optimisation and caching?
Yup I heard bluehost is part of EIG group which also owns hostgator. Good site is to check out hostadvice.com for reviews etc. Siteground my friend has issues with them and they overpriced as well.