HELP!!!! Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 soft bricked on another level

Dreadlock_tales

So I have a S4 and a while back it lost its IMEI number, i have had a couple of custom roms on but recently went back to stock and upgraded to lollipop via the OTA software upgrade on the phone, but i experience a hell of alot of soft bricking so i factory reset my phone and it worked but it became progressively worse:

I cannot go into recovery it just stays in boot loop
I can get to the download mode warning screen ( i wanted to flash the Omega I9500 5.0.1 ROM to see if that helped as the Omega Rom was the most stable since the loss of the IMEI), as soon as i push the volume up bottom it just restarts and goes into bootloop.

Even if i put it on charge it doesnt charge it just has the battery logo with the round circling GIF ( which doesnt animate) the screen goes black and it just shows that over and over again.

is there anything I can do or should i get rid of this piece of ****

Last edited:

8-BALL

Not terribly helpful, but had a friend with a S3 that did the same.

He had to use a JTAG (I think) from a Pakistani shop that restored an IMEI to the phone.

I believe you can also take it to a Samsung to have them do it for you.

Dreadlock_tales

The loss of the IMEI is not the root of the issue (although it is an issue) the issue is that it is stuck in a continuous boot loop in which i cannot even enter recovery or download mode. i am selling the phone for parts i just want to wipe all my data off the unit

eg2505

Honorary Master
Not terribly helpful, but had a friend with a S3 that did the same.

He had to use a JTAG (I think) from a Pakistani shop that restored an IMEI to the phone.

I believe you can also take it to a Samsung to have them do it for you.

samsung really?

dont think they will look at your phone if youve rooted it before,

id go the pakistani route, hopefully they can get it flashed to a usable version.....

Dreadlock_tales

i would go that route yes but as i have resolved to sell the unit for parts (as i have an s4 mini with a cracked LCD that i want to get replaced) i just want to wipe the unit so my data is off but i cannot enter recovery or download mode

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Trying to get it to work first before getting your data off is counterproductive.

Coming from someon who'd owned a few Samsung devices, if its stuck in a boot loop, everything will be gone, ie new firmware has to be flashed which would remove your data anyway.

8-BALL

samsung really?

dont think they will look at your phone if youve rooted it before,

id go the pakistani route, hopefully they can get it flashed to a usable version.....

Yeah, he had them quote but the paki was cheaper so obv went there as a poor uni student :p
I think when it gets to the point you need it JTAG'ed they can't really tell as its plug and wipe. YMMV

You could also try sideloading (I think its called) using the ADB suite.

Dreadlock_tales

That is what i want to do, but as previously stated, it cannot go into recovery, i push down power+home+volume up and it just stays in the loop. when i push Power+home+volume down i get the download mode warning for 8sec (exactly) and it restarts and goes into boot loop. this is my problem. it is unresponsive and cannot go into any other boot options