Help/Tips: Interview With Deloitte For Articles

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Hi guys and girls,

So I have an interview with Deloitte for a training contract on Friday (completed CTA this year).

It's gonna be over Skype, never done that before. Hope the internet connection is decent.

This is my first serious interview in a few years, possibly ever.

Any tips on how to prepare for the interview, or anything else I should know or keep in mind?

Friends and family have suggested Googling interview questions and such.

Thanks in advance,
Shalin

EDIT: Lol, I should have stated the interview is at their office in Durban. I'm applying for a position in Jhb, so one or more of the interviewers will be communicating via Skype.

Last edited:
Well the first thing is to make sure your surroundings behind the cam is all good. sufficient lighting and a good background, or perhaps a white wall would be fine. be sure to dress will from the waist up :)

read up on the company and what they entail, their ethos and stuff like that.

you should also prepare for some sort of scenario type questions.

I'm sure you'll do great mate. all the best

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Well the first thing is to make sure your surroundings behind the cam is all good. sufficient lighting and a good background, or perhaps a white wall would be fine. be sure to dress will from the waist up :)

read up on the company and what they entail, their ethos and stuff like that.

you should also prepare for some sort of scenario type questions.

I'm sure you'll do great mate. all the best
Lol, I should have said that the interview will be at their Durban office. So a full set of clothing is very much required :D

Will do some proper reading up tomorrow, I see Wiki has a wealth of info.

Been talking to a few friends that have been through the interview process just to find out more about it.

Freaksta

Expert Member
Suit up - its a professional services firm so I would recommend that (I went in shorts to a prescreening and felt like a douche lol)

Honestly don't know what you will get asked but since its your first face to face interaction it will most likely be pretty general stuff and the main purpose for them to get to know you and you to know them. Each of the firms have different "cultural" environments which means they want to see if you will fit or add to that environment. Main thing I would say is to be yourself and have some questions ready which you want to ask to show your interest. Do a bit of high level research on the firm. Maybe expect a brain teaser or two to test how you think on your feet.

Try ask some mates ahead of you what they got asked?

Last edited:

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Suit up - its a professional services firm so I would recommend that (I went in shorts to a prescreening and felt like a douche lol)

Honestly don't know what you will get asked but since its your first face to face interaction it will most likely be pretty general stuff and the main purpose for them to get to know you and you to know them. Each of the firms have different "cultural" environments which means they want to see if you will fit or add to that environment. Main thing I would say is to be yourself and have some questions ready which you want to ask to show your interest. Do a bit of high level research on the firm. Maybe expect a brain teaser or two to test how you think on your feet.

Try ask some mates ahead of you what they got asked?
Good stuff, thanks for the help. Got a few questions in my head already.

I hope my suits still fits, put on a few kgs during Honours :eek:

saor

Honorary Master
Have a few skype video chats with friends / family so you're completely comfortable with it.

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Have a few skype video chats with friends / family so you're completely comfortable with it.
Done a few FaceTime chats with the family over the years.

Assuming it's quite similar?

I hope their office lighting is good :D