HELP?? Which app to use to view CCTV on Xiaomi's Mi Box S?

trevorfarayi

Good people of MyBroadband...
I’m no techie so I beg your indulgence. What app can I download onto the mi box s to view my cctv camera feeds? I have had to go the route of using the mi box because I want to view it via Wifi on a TV that is not smart and the location of the TV does not make it possible for me to use HDMI cables.
On my phones I use Meye and MeyePro. They work just fine. I have tried to install MEye on the mi box and I can’t seem to get it to work. I see nothing.
Any suggestions on what other apps I could try (even the paid ones).
My DVRs (I have 2) are some cheap ‘generic’ ones (inherited with the house, so no idea what makes they are (I think I saw something like ‘toplink’ on the one though.)
As always, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Im thinking out the box here, perhaps you can connect the DVRs to a crappy PC that has a TV tuner in it, then hook the PC up to your network.

You will need a BT mouse & dongle to control the DVR, not sure if this will work as it needs drivers?

Then you can RDP/ teamview into said PC.

I dont know, just thinking out the box.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Good people of MyBroadband...
I’m no techie so I beg your indulgence. What app can I download onto the mi box s to view my cctv camera feeds? I have had to go the route of using the mi box because I want to view it via Wifi on a TV that is not smart and the location of the TV does not make it possible for me to use HDMI cables.
On my phones I use Meye and MeyePro. They work just fine. I have tried to install MEye on the mi box and I can’t seem to get it to work. I see nothing.
Any suggestions on what other apps I could try (even the paid ones).
My DVRs (I have 2) are some cheap ‘generic’ ones (inherited with the house, so no idea what makes they are (I think I saw something like ‘toplink’ on the one though.)
As always, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Im thinking out the box here, perhaps you can connect the DVRs to a crappy PC that has a TV tuner in it, then hook the PC up to your network.

You will need a BT mouse & dongle to control the DVR, not sure if this will work as it needs drivers?

Goobie

Expert Member
I'm trying to remember which one I used a long time ago, I believe it was this:

trevorfarayi

Thank you, Riskster...I could follow you up to the part about 'RDP/teamview'. I will be in touch about how to do this part.

insect

Have you tried the Ezviz app? Not sure if its in the playstore for the mibox - but it works on most analogue cams I have came across.

If its available in the play store there is a Lan Live View button near the bottom of the screen, when you press that it will scan your network for any IPs that is broadcasting video feed.