Help with budget gaming PC build!!!

KingsHolgate

Hi guys,

I’m very new to the PC scene (looking to switch from console) so I have no idea about the ins and outs and what does what. I’m looking for a budget gaming PC that I can also do everyday things on such as work and studying etc. My main concern is performance though, I’d love if it could run games like Fortnite on 240fps, even if the game is set to lower graphics. My max budget is around 15k for the build. Preferably including peripherals but don’t mind stretching it to 16.5k to 17k with peripherals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Titan Ice
But you'll struggle at your budget if the screen is to be included.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's no monitor, or keyboard and mouse. Might not get 240fps on Fortnite, but it will be pretty quick. Oh and throw in some cheap storage a 240GB ssd and a 1TB hdd will add another R1000

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-03-03 06-20-22.png
    Screenshot from 2020-03-03 06-20-22.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 71

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Why is 240 FPS on fortnight so important? Can you guys honestly tell the difference between 120 and 240?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
That's no monitor, or keyboard and mouse. Might not get 240fps on Fortnite, but it will be pretty quick. Oh and throw in some cheap storage a 240GB ssd and a 1TB hdd will add another R1000
Basically my system with 1TB HD and 2TB secondary HD
Very happy

KingsHolgate

Titan Ice
But you'll struggle at your budget if the screen is to be included.
Thanks bro, I’ll check them out. Honestly just looking to get a decent PC build at the moment and then worry about the peripherals at a later stage. I’ve got my own monitor already which I will upgrade at some point, and then I won’t really need the best keyboard and mouse cause I’m a controller player. So I’d only use such for work etc.

KingsHolgate

Thank you for this man ! I really appreciate it. Not sure of what many of the components do or their capabilities lol, but I’ll send this build to one of my friends and go from there. This looks like a good starting point though so thanks again !

KingsHolgate

Why is 240 FPS on fortnight so important? Can you guys honestly tell the difference between 120 and 240?
It’s not that. I’m just tired of playing on 60fps on console and I’m thinking, if I’m going to get a pc, I’m going to treat my eyeballs cause there has been nothing more torturous than playing on 60fps for the last 3 years.

gamer16

Honorary Master
It’s not that. I’m just tired of playing on 60fps on console and I’m thinking, if I’m going to get a pc, I’m going to treat my eyeballs cause there has been nothing more torturous than playing on 60fps for the last 3 years.

Do keep in mind that you have to match the monitor, google why you need the refresh rate to take advantage of frame rate.

Don't think there is much in the market that can do that rate you want.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Thank you for this man ! I really appreciate it. Not sure of what many of the components do or their capabilities lol, but I’ll send this build to one of my friends and go from there. This looks like a good starting point though so thanks again !
That's from Wootware, if you want you can request they build it for R400 extra.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Buy 2nd hand and build from there...

You don't need the latest and greatest for your use case.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Hi guys,

I’m very new to the PC scene (looking to switch from console) so I have no idea about the ins and outs and what does what. I’m looking for a budget gaming PC that I can also do everyday things on such as work and studying etc. My main concern is performance though, I’d love if it could run games like Fortnite on 240fps, even if the game is set to lower graphics. My max budget is around 15k for the build. Preferably including peripherals but don’t mind stretching it to 16.5k to 17k with peripherals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What I got with a similar budget, I average about 160-180 fps in Fortnite but I have a 144hz monitor to take advantage of those frame rates

Screenshot_20191101-174800.png