help:-(!!! XBOX 360 or PS3???

Natas

Expert Member
If you want an unbiased opinion, I have one for you. I'm a die hard Nintendo Fanboy but have a 360 as well (AKA Xbox Wii60) So if anyone can give you an honest opinion, its me. I would say get a 360, why cause its not a Sony PS3. I hate Sony consoles, because they suck. PS3's are for people who like to give bl0wj0bs to boatpeople. Boat people are people that live on boats....

PDonut

i just got an xbox, but when God of War 3 comes out i will sell my car for a ps3... hopefully ill get some extras with that 2

Rosaudio

First Officer
And al those talking about Telkom etc, with the PS3, you can download stuff from the store using your Local cap. That means I can download up to 30gb of stuff from the store every month. So much for the 360's 11gb HDD :D

eye_suc

Expert Member
And al those talking about Telkom etc, with the PS3, you can download stuff from the store using your Local cap. That means I can download up to 30gb of stuff from the store every month. So much for the 360's 11gb HDD :D
like what would you download though? demos and trailers? the same ones over and over? or can you download a blu ray movie per month?

you know, i figured out that i can stick metal objects into the power outlets in our office... that doesn't make it a good idea though, but perhaps i should do it, just because i can :D :D

Rosaudio

First Officer
like what would you download though? demos and trailers? the same ones over and over? or can you download a blu ray movie per month?

you know, i figured out that i can stick metal objects into the power outlets in our office... that doesn't make it a good idea though, but perhaps i should do it, just because i can :D :D

Yo know, stuff like R&C: Q4B(3.2gb), GT5:p(6gb), Burnout Paradise(5gb), Wipeout HD(1gb), Siren (10gb) etc

So cool that the Store doesn't have a size limit of 300mb like XBL

Time for me to get a 500gb HDD :D

btw, the Metal object idea sound cool. Give it a go! :D

eye_suc

Expert Member
Yo know, stuff like R&C: Q4B(3.2gb), GT5:p(6gb), Burnout Paradise(5gb), Wipeout HD(1gb), Siren (10gb) etc
so, you gonna download those every month, with your 30gb account? i'm confused now ;)

i would get wipeout HD, always loved those games (still have fusion i think on PS2)

are those the sizes of the demos? or are those full games? if the latter, how come they don't just release it on a disc?

imaginary_friend

so, you gonna download those every month, with your 30gb account? i'm confused now ;)

i would get wipeout HD, always loved those games (still have fusion i think on PS2)

are those the sizes of the demos? or are those full games? if the latter, how come they don't just release it on a disc?

some are demo others are full releases. some of the full releases are remakes of older popular titles and some are available on discs (like siren). havin them on the network makes it cheaper than buyin the disc i suppose and also ups the accessibility of the game itself. theres also nice game trailers and the like. all in all one can splurge on psn without worrying about cap. im waitin for super streetfighter HD, that'll be cool

EtienneK

Expert Member
For the last time! I have both and it comes down to WHAT GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY.

Choose:
XBox 360: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza
PS3: Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, God of War, Gran Turismo

Repeat: It's all about the games.

They are both excellent machines and you won't go wrong with either. It all depends on what games you want to play (is there an echo in here?).

Ghost02

Expert Member
Some of these fanboi n00bz are getting out of line here. More and more threads are getting derailed and become fanboi wars. Whatever console you have and support is up to you but don't try to rub it off on someone else with mindless trolling. If you have a point make it in a civilized manner and back up your statements so we can stay away from the fanboi wars where nothing gets accomplished.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Some of these fanboi n00bz are getting out of line here. More and more threads are getting derailed and become fanboi wars. Whatever console you have and support is up to you but don't try to rub it off on someone else with mindless trolling. If you have a point make it in a civilized manner and back up your statements so we can stay away from the fanboi wars where nothing gets accomplished.

been there, done that, RBP'ed it, mods cleaned up ......... but still they try *sigh*

maestro_za

Expert Member

It doesn't help. Sony boys will continue saying Xbox 360 is crap ... & vice versa.

I've given up on seeing sensibility in these threads.

Sheesh :(

Dohc-WP

Expert Member
Just off the top of my head

PS3:
Wireless
Blu-ray
Free online gaming
40GB to 80GB HD which you can expand yourself with any 2.5" Drive
Pretty shiny looking
Internet Browser with flash (i.e. Youtube, hulu etc)
Games are more expensive (I only buy Pre-played though)
Metal Gear Solid 4

XBOX:
No wireless (R1000 add-on)
No blu-ray
No HD on the cheaper models (again an add-on)
XboX Live is a subscription based service (no free online gaming)
Ugly plastic looking (also personal)
RROD
No internet browser
Control is not to my liking - big and bulky, uncomfortable to hold (thats totally personal though)
Games are cheaper

Some more ps3 cons ! Just the top of my head 2
Ps3 is not BC, controller batteries cannot be replaced, controllers cannot be used with games for windows games (without hacks) no cross platform playability, 10gig game installs. Draws more power than a fridge, poor graphic performance in most 3rd party games (ask EA and Valve), dumbed down ai in most 3rd party games (assasins creed anyone). Vibration feedback is an addon (DS3). Controller is outdated and not ergonomic. Console looks shiny and gimmicky. Cant use universal infrared remotes !

I'll go on but im getting tired of typing !