Here are the new level 3 lockdown rules

daveza

Honorary Master
So is it all day or til 6pm ?

And this implies social private gathering is not prohibited .....

1590738665455.png

noxibox

Honorary Master
I have to say though; despite the fact that some very peculiar decisions have been made, I would rather have micromanagement than denial.
Considering how destructive micromanagement is they might as well have gone with denial. In fact given the dire consequences of their micromanagement denial would quite probably have been the superior option.

I can only assume that the people in charge have access to more information than the average joe
A rather strange thing to assume. Especially with the bunch of muppets and their track record in South Africa. They have however managed to alienate the people who have access to information and create panic amongst the really ignorant.

In any event, I'm not going to pretend I know what to do, but one thing I am sure of is human stupidity and hubris, and while it pains me to say so, I think scientists and politicians with the power to make the population behave in a certain way is likely a better bet than whatever the outcome would be if we relied on the opinions of the masses. Just watch the news, ffs.
I've stopped watching the news because the hubris and stupidity of the politicians has become tedious. They don't know better. Further the fact that their meetings are held in secret and the data they are allegedly using is kept secret indicates that they have something to hide.

Don't get me wrong though - bullshit needs to be called out, wherever it may surface, but what I don't understand is how certain so many people are of being correct in such unprecedented times.
Not even remotely unprecedented. That's another piece of bullsh*t they've been feeding the public. Along with other tripe like new normal.

The whole response has been a fiasco, not just in South Africa, and it remains to be seen whether they go with simplistic nonsense like lockdowns work or actually take the time to figure what, if anything, actually made a difference and was worth the cost.

Swa

Honorary Master
I have to say though; despite the fact that some very peculiar decisions have been made, I would rather have micromanagement than denial.

And I can't believe I'm (sort of) having to defend politicians, but the government is not trying to stamp anything out, on the contrary, I think a lot of what has happened is because the inevitability of the course this is going to take is really being viewed seriously (as it ought to be). This is not me condoning any particular decision, but nowhere has it been said that the intention is to effect a miracle whereby we escape the inevitable course of the virus, but trying to prepare for a novel and rapidly-changing situation we cannot stop and are ill-equipped to manage.

As to your comment on alcohol - I'm still curious what your response to my question here.

At the end of the day, the world is in crisis, and there are very few examples of the 'right' way to deal with the problem, and while it might be a bitter pill to swallow, I would rather there be an iron fist here, than have to rely on my fellow citizens to do the right thing (or even know what the correct thing to do in the first place is). I can only assume that the people in charge have access to more information than the average joe (obviously) and therefore are likely in a better position to police people, than it happening automatically.

All things considered, I think we are being relatively sensible. I'd rather be in SA right now, than I would want to be in Russsia, Brazil, the USA, North Korea...

In any event, I'm not going to pretend I know what to do, but one thing I am sure of is human stupidity and hubris, and while it pains me to say so, I think scientists and politicians with the power to make the population behave in a certain way is likely a better bet than whatever the outcome would be if we relied on the opinions of the masses. Just watch the news, ffs.

Don't get me wrong though - bullshit needs to be called out, wherever it may surface, but what I don't understand is how certain so many people are of being correct in such unprecedented times.

Anyway, this is not aimed at you, or anyone really. At this point I am just ruminating and trying to figure out my own thoughts...
It's rather a case of the inevitable power trip ANC politicians go on. Just look at the rest of the world vs us. You might prefer it over doing nothing but it's never been about lockdown rules to curb a virus and all about "feels" and other stuff. I see no reason we couldn't have had a middle way like other countries. I can't wait for this to come back and haunt them, especially Mama Zoom and Don Cele but knowing the average voter they would have already forgotten by 2024.

Just yesterday Juju was speaking about how cigarettes and alcohol should remain banned because of the health effect. Just like the Don nothing about how it affects the actual virus. Jeezus man, I thought we lived in a democracy where the health effects vs people's right to freedom was settled even before 1994. This is much more than just some "peculiar decisions" but rather a party going on a power trip and the DMA legislation has just been the catalyst to show us how far the ANC will go in eroding our civil liberties.

As for information, you're forgetting we're living in the information age where they have no more information than what's on the internet. The scientists have been speaking out on this since the beginning that anything beyond the initial 3 weeks lockdown was unnecessary and indeed counter productive but the ANC has neither been listening nor taking the advice of real scientists. Instead they've tried to silence them through Stalin tactics. I can count only 3 of the regulations that ever made any real scientific sense.

vaakseun

I heard a rumour beaches are to be opened, can't find confirmation though.
Haven't heard or seen anything myself yet. Not 100% sure but it would probably be up to the individual municipalities in the urban areas. The City of Cape Town closed it's beaches a week before the national lockdown even began so don't get your hopes up with them. Beaches outside the urban area are typically administered by SANParks who fall under the control of national government.

Swa

Honorary Master
Just find a small secluded beach like people used to do during apartheid for their "illicit" activities.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Next week we get the revised regulations, you know like what happened on 4.