Here is the operating procedure for South African schools when they are reopened

Hanno Labuschagne

Staff member
Here is the operating procedure for South African schools when they are reopened

The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has sent a document to South African schools outlining the standard operating procedure for schools during the COVID-19 lockdown.

The document follows a press briefing by Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga on 19 May confirming that schools would reopen for Grade 7 and Grade 12 students on 1 June 2020.

The standard operating procedure document explains how a number of important issues must be handled.

Last edited by a moderator:

noxibox

Honorary Master
Do you have a high temperature?
Well these questions are definitely starting to make my blood boil.

Do you have a cough?
Only after those zols the minister told us about.

Do you have a sore throat?
See previous answer.

Do you have difficulty breathing?
Only when wearing a mask.

Do you feel weak and tired today?
Yes, after all these questions.

Can you taste food and drinks normally?
Define normal.

Can you smell normally?
Well I hope what I'm smelling isn't normal. Definitely related to boy bovines.

Sneeze or cough into a bent elbow or tissue, and to discard the tissue safely in a bin with a lid, then wash their hands immediately.
So not inside the mask. Good to know.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
What time will schools be opening their gates in the morning? 4am?

Maybe those questions could be asked by the parent before they leave for school in the morning?

tin4444

The teeth part is new, is there only oral thermometers left to use for all students that this was added to the rule book.

Charl456

hahaha
mother : how was school ?
Child : Boring, we stood in a line and then answered a few questions and was then allowed to go to our classroom, once everyone was in class it was time to go home again.

rambo919

Executive Member
How exactly do they expect children to social distance in over-crowded classrooms?

zizo911

Executive Member
We sat today in a meeting on how much of a waste of time this is. Kids are definitely not gonna disclose this

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Why not open parliament before the schools.
Why? Parliament doesn't have a say in how things are being run. Cyril saw to that when he invoked a state of disaster instead of one of emergency.

daveza

Honorary Master
Why? Parliament doesn't have a say in how things are being run. Cyril saw to that when he invoked a state of disaster instead of one of emergency.
Because if they are happy enough to risk children and teachers, the least they could do is put themselves at the same risk.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Because if they are happy enough to risk children and teachers, the least they could do is put themselves at the same risk.
Who is they? I'll tell you who they are not, and that's parliamentarians. The executive, iow the president and his cabinet, is running the show now.

access

Honorary Master
surely you need something to happen first before it can be a disaster. or can they just call it as they please.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
surely you need something to happen first before it can be a disaster. or can they just call it as they please.
The president declared a state of disaster in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002. Parliament plays no role.

sandwitch

We sat today in a meeting on how much of a waste of time this is. Kids are definitely not gonna disclose this
You, too?! Today was... I just can't, today.

It's school like normal but kids will sometimes wear masks. I don't know why they're bothering with window dressing at this point. They should admit they gave up ages ago, and just open the schools because they're carrying on carrying on. Nothing is changing.

Last edited: