Here is where South Africa’s racists chat online

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
What are you on about? Did I draw any conclusions as to the identity of the poster? All I know is that this was posted here on myBroadband. Did you even visit the link?

Did you read the article? Read the bits about some guy called "Vlamme" and another guy called "Wit Wraak".

One such supporter is Stormfront forum member Vlamme (Flames in Afrikaans), who has been active on the site since 2008. To date, Vlamme has generated some 3 318 posts.

Now before I see there are South Africans on any given site, I'd like to see actual proof, and that could constitute at the very least South African IP addresses, or extensive expert analysis of the language used by the posters or actual Police or offline confirmed identifications of posters, such as in the case of Breivik. Mere claims of people to be South African are not enough for a serious article based on user names or basic knowledge of South Africa or basic use of slang or reposts of articles. It's ok for THE SUN tabloid, it's not OK for a serious newspaper such as M&G Online, or at least a paper which claims to be serious. In fact it would be important to show that these people are South Africans and still living in South Africa to claim that South Africa's racists post on some racist forum somewhere. Short of you know, making stuff up.

Now do you see what I am on about???

Last edited:

Viva

Expert Member
Did you read the article? Read the bits about some guy called "Vlamme" and another guy called "Wit Wraak".

Now before I see there are South Africans on any given site, I'd like to see actual proof, and that could constitute at the very least South African IP addresses, or extensive expert analysis of the language used by the posters or actual Police or offline confirmed identifications of posters, such as in the case of Breivik. Mere claims of people to be South African are not enough for a serious article based on user names or basic knowledge of South Africa or basic use of slang or reposts of articles. It's ok for THE SUN tabloid, it's not OK for a serious newspaper such as M&G Online, or at least a paper which claims to be serious. In fact it would be important to show that these people are South Africans and still living in South Africa to claim that South Africa's racists post on some racist forum somewhere. Short of you know, making stuff up.

Now do you see what I am on about???

Yes, I read the article. No, I still don't see how any of this relates to the original post I made.

You're probably right - there is no way we could be sure about the identity of any of the posters referred to in the article. I made no claim about this.

It just saddens me to see blatant racism on this very forum. This is what my post was about.

Last edited:

cfilorux

If I wanted to read a mail and guardian propaganda hatchet job, I would head over to their fine publication and read one of their many articles. :mad: Can't we rather confine ourselves character assassination on people related to technical matters - CEO's of companies, Microsoft, Google, IBM - maybe someone can expose how the RFC's are being subverted or something actually interesting.

Last edited:

smallearth

Expert Member
It's Southern Poverty Law Center and M&G have an ideological ally they wish to cite. :) Just that. But because of such weaseling I would honestly find it more refreshing to read an ANC paper than the white liberal rags we find in SA. If this is what passes for honest journalism, I'm sorry.

The ANC need to take note. The same people who once supported Mandela and were "anti-NP" while enjoying the benefits of being white, now are turning on the ANC and black parties in SA. However, the ANC, EFF etc are aware of this.

The 'white liberal rags' speak the truth (albeit somewhat nauseatingly politically correct at times). This makes us uncomfortable. No point in slagging it off though. Most white South Africans are quite racist still. Some are very racist. Admit it.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Kinda stopped reading here
The content Vlamme creates on Stormfront forums includes posts with headlines such as “Crowd hacks cattle after truck overturns”, “Boereoorlog standbeeld aan die brand (Boer War statue set alight)” and “Whites in South Africa granted asylum in Canada”.

The guy was just posting headlines from the media. You'll find those same articles with similar headlines in our CA section.

Stupid article (however true their claims)

F

Fudzy

The journalist was not going to bite the hand that feeds her obviously. News24 have stepped up their game WRT moderation whereas IOL has gone a bit wild lately.

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Sorry for the Necro. Is this still going today? I thought SA's racists spent more time on Facebook and Twitter.

Cube3

Expert Member
Dam those white racists... and farm murders are a myth conjured by racist whites to make blacks look bad.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Sorry for the Necro. Is this still going today? I thought SA's racists spent more time on Facebook and Twitter.

Too much censorship on those platforms.... most stormfronties are the more intelligent type of racist comparatively... depending on your definition of racist of course. I remember a lot of chaotic chest pounding and venting from my one visit years ago.... not really the type of place people go for actual results.

envo

Expert Member
Pathetic. All this hate only keeps the flames going. People never learn do they. Unless we all learn to get along, we're never going to be able to build this country up into what it should be.
If they do start with a white genocide, I hope they start with those people first. By the time they get to the rest, they'll realize there's no hatred anymore

rambo919

Honorary Master
If they do start with a white genocide, I hope they start with those people first. By the time they get to the rest, they'll realize there's no hatred anymore

You have a very strange conception of how genocides function....