HERE WeGo is the new Google Maps alternative for Huawei phones

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
The service was originally developed by Nokia back in 2012 and went through several name changes and metamorphoses. After adopting the HERE WeGo branding in 2016, it shifted focus towards navigation and public transit information. Now Huawei is making the service available for its users by listing the HERE WeGo - City Navigation app on the AppGallery.

The app comes with a slew of useful features, including free voice-guided navigation and public transit information for 1300+ cities. If you plan a trip to an area without internet coverage, there's an option to download offline maps as well. In the current lockdown situation, people travel a lot less, but when they do, it's probably out of necessity. Having a navigation service at hand can give people additional peace of mind in these troubled times.

The HERE WeGo - City Navigation app can be downloaded from the AppGallery. It does not appear on the store’s features sections yet, but you can search for “Here WeGo” manually or just follow this link to download it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I remember/member using HERE maps on Nokia S60 devices from days gone by. Back then Google Maps was of a very limiting nature.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
I remember/member using HERE maps on Nokia S60 devices from days gone by. Back then Google Maps was of a very limiting nature.

Lol, yeah I remember using it on my Nokia 5800XpressMusic and on Nokia N8-00, good times.

What I liked though is that it pretty much forced Google to take GMaps more seriously on Androids, I remember being able to set custom voices voices for Turn-by-turn navigation and download entire maps, long before GMaps got the feature.

redspark

Expert Member
I’ve been using HERE WeGo on my iPhone for years. Apple could a thing or two from them :)

Creag

The Boar's Rock
If the maps aren't Open World, I am not interested.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Here WeGo Maps comes to Huawei App Gallery

Since losing its access to Google Mobile Services (GMS) nearly a year ago, Huawei has been looking for ways to expand its app portfolio through the App Gallery store. Now, it got a serious addition with Here WeGo Maps (formerly Here Maps) which is now available for download on the App Gallery.

The app offers full walking, public transport, bike and turn-by-turn driving directions complete with offline maps functionality. It works in over 100 countries with over 1,300 cities. If you have a Huawei or Honor device with the App Gallery, you can head to the source link to download Here WeGo Maps.

Snip.JPG

p51mustang

Been using Here We Go as my default nav app on my P20 Pro since I got the phone almost two years ago. Awesome app for off-line navigation.

Maybe now Here will improve the crappy curating and editing of Favorites.

THE ONLY SUPERFLY

At least Surfer dude is back :ROFL: :notworthy::notworthy::ROFL:
Been using Here We Go as my default nav app on my P20 Pro since I got the phone almost two years ago. Awesome app for off-line navigation.

Maybe now Here will improve the crappy curating and editing of Favorites.

Georgios

What I like about the app is the offline feature for maps as well as shopping centre layouts. You can see the shops and it's levels. Quite cool. Screenshot_2020-04-27-00-35-48-255_com.here.app.maps.jpg

jax_maxit

This is a great app. I too had a Nokia back in the days. I did a lot of driving for a living and was looking for a Garmin or other navigation device when I heard about the Nokia Navigators. Bought one and downloaded the entire SA map on the little phone. Worked great with no internet or even cell tower coverage. So long as I had GPS, I was good to go.

Fast forward to Android becoming the dominant OS and I still downloaded it on my device. Here we Go has been helpful while on my overseas travels. Phone on flight mode and only GPS+offline maps and I got turn by turn walking/driving instructions to my Airbnb, restaurants and other touristy places. You get live traffic info once you go online/enable data usage.