Here's my after hours project. TravelGo

Pixelbender

Hey Guys.

I'm busy making this accommodation site. I basically just need some feedback on the speeds, (it's locally hosted) responsive design, the design itself of course and the colours.

I haven't really given any attention to the content or menus. I just need feedback on the design.

It is built using Foundation, only because I've done many responsive bootstrap themes before, I wanted to give Foundation a try. I like Bootstrap more though. Think I might redo it in Bootstrap soon.

I'm currently busy with the admin side of it but just need feedback on the front end. If you guys can help out I'd appreciate it thanks. I also still have no idea how I'm going (or want) to make money from it but thats something for later. This was just to test Foundation.

You can test the Location search, it only starts suggesting after 4 characters. Please test the off-canvas on mobile too.

The site is www.travelgo.co.za

Thanks Anton

Last edited:

MKFrost

Expert Member
Just had a quick look, will test drive later.

Like the clean and simple layout and also like the font sizes being used. Some sites are just to busy, here I like what I see.

Pixelbender

Great - there's not much to do anyhow, for now, except using the search and viewing images. I'm busy with the admin and also the details page.

But it will also be clean and I'm going to try and stay away from tabs, accordians and also those cluttered details pages. Going to try and be concise and make important stuff stand out. Don't want to waste peoples time, you know. Its precious nowadays.

Toitjie

Expert Member
Okay thank you. I certainly didnt notice that. I think i should investigate a new way of presenting a date picker on mobile.

Does anyone know of a nice date picker?
Jquery mobile has a decent date picker... and there is also a plugin that works with jquery mobile very well.

semaphore

Honorary Master
date pickers should go underneath the date picker area not underneath the icon, it feels very unnatural that way.