Heroic dog saves family from armed robbers

schumi

Honorary Master
An SPCA rescue dog took a bullet for her adopted family while trying to protect them during a violent home invasion in Benoni.

Kei, a young cross Malinois dog who was shot in the face during the attack, will receive an award from the Boksburg SPCA for her heroic deed.

According to the SPCA, two armed robbers broke into the Lamont family’s home in Lakefield during the early hours of last Sunday while they were asleep.

“One intruder entered the main bedroom where a terrifying shoot-out took place and the intruder was shot dead.

“The second intruder entered the eldest daughter’s bedroom, gun in hand, not knowing Kei was also on the bed and watching over her best friend.

“Kei recognised danger immediately and flew across the room before the intruder could get through the door, attacking him with a force he wasn’t expecting.

“The intruder retreated into the hall and down the stairs, leaving a trail of blood behind him. As he was fleeing he shot and killed the family’s Biewer Yorkie named Holly who, as small as she was, gave her life to protect her family.”

Kei chased the intruder down the stairs and into the kitchen, where the intruder opened fire and shot her in the face.

More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-10-12-heroic-dog-saves-family-from-armed-robbers/

supersunbird

Honorary Master

The Lamont family of Lakefield, Benoni, is still trying to pick up the pieces after the trauma of a house robbery during which one of the suspects and the family’s beloved five-year-old Yorkshire terrier, Holly, were shot and killed in the early hours of October 3.

Useless national media shows no love for the doggo that died in same incident :crying:.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison

Useless national media shows no love for the doggo that died in same incident :crying:.

I read the full article on TimesLive and they make mention of poor little Holly.

Kinda teared up a bit, just thinking of my little girl at home. RIP Holly :'(

And good job Kei! I hope she recovers well and gets the surgery she needs.

konfab

Honorary Master
Good they gave rapid-onset-lead-poisoning to one of the scum.

According to the SPCA, two armed robbers broke into the Lamont family’s home in Lakefield during the early hours of last Sunday while they were asleep.

“One intruder entered the main bedroom where a terrifying shoot-out took place and the intruder was shot dead.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
This thief deserves to die on a spike just like that POS from the other article with the 62-year old man. For those that aren't sure regarding the law, if you see an armed intruder in your house, you are free to use your firearm with lethal force as that is a direct threat being neutralised with appropriate force.

maxxis

Wishing the hecking goo boi a speedy recovery

RIP little dog though.

JohnMao

Executive Member
1 fcuker dead. No loss. Going there with guns means they weren't going to rob without using violence and doing worse.

I'd love to get a Belgian Malinoise. They are amazing!!!

KoKaRoT

But But But why did the homeowner have a gun? How dare he use it for self-defense.

Jokes aside, I hope the family can get through this tragic and traumatic time.
I hope the POS died a slow death. The other should of also joined his friend, especially for shooting your dogs.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Well done to the dog!

The alarm was activated and the husband went to switch it off, but it went off again.

Ignoring this was a mistake. I get that they thought it was a false alarm because the alarm system was faulty, but why haven't they sorted it out when they realised it wasn't working properly?

Some ghost triggered our alarm for a few nights a couple of nights ago. Each time the AR called, I told them to come check around my house. I'm paying them for the service. Eventually I found out that it was one of the PIR's that was faulty.

access

Honorary Master
a yorkie?

Kei recognised danger immediately and flew across the room before the intruder could get through the door, attacking him with a force he wasn’t expecting.

“The intruder retreated into the hall and down the stairs, leaving a trail of blood behind him.

shame man, but a yorkie did all that? :ROFL:

i was expecting it to just alert the owners.

picturing holy grail killer rabbit moves

rvZA

Executive Member
What a shame the home owner could not have shot and killed the second rubbish too.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Well done to the dog!

Ignoring this was a mistake. I get that they thought it was a false alarm because the alarm system was faulty, but why haven't they sorted it out when they realised it wasn't working properly?

Some ghost triggered our alarm for a few nights a couple of nights ago. Each time the AR called, I told them to come check around my house. I'm paying them for the service. Eventually I found out that it was one of the PIR's that was faulty.

Sorting out costs money.