Herotel (wifi) service

Pulserider

I must also say that with my Herotel Breedenet connection I don't have issues. I have the 6\2 connection with them and do monthly 200gb. The issue with the LTE connections is their latencies which is quite higher. Speed is obvious better, but Herotel beat them on the latency side which is much lower which I will take rather for gaming online.

The Free Radical

Expert Member
We had Herotel fibre installed at our parents house.
R499 for 50Mbps. Very low latency and full taps downloads.
We totally happy with them.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Still happy with the service.

In June we did a total of 213Gb of traffic. Not too shabby.

We are sitting on 133.3Gb for July.

The Door

Honorary Master

I tried to be their client. They do WiFi where I am but I got excuses from the techies that they couldn't get good enough signal to the high sites because of trees.
A couple of my neighbours use them. Luckily Vodacom had their black Friday / cyber Monday specials about that time.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

I tried to be their client. They do WiFi where I am but I got excuses from the techies that they couldn't get good enough signal to the high sites because of trees.
A couple of my neighbours use them. Luckily Vodacom had their black Friday / cyber Monday specials about that time.
We are lucky to have clean LOS to their tower. No trees or any obstacles in the line of LOS.

netstrider

Expert Member
4Mbps is still usable. You notice it when you have been using fibre for a while. In fact, pages load slower on equally fast LTE due to latency in retrieving every image etc.

In that sense, less latency can make your internet feel faster than a faster line (within reason) - can't compare 4Mbps to 100Mbps.

Happy Sloth

A friend of mine essentially gave up on this company. Essentially they told him he would be connected in 3 months from the rollout. It is been almost 2 years now and he is still getting the exact same response of "it will be up before "next month" so at this point I know he is looking into pole and a LTE Antenna in hope to connect to any mobile network that he can pick-up.