Hertz is selling 20,000 electric vehicles to buy gasoline cars instead

EVs are like Lock Down regulations, many people thought they were a good idea at the time, a few still do.
But if you think it through you'll realize it's a crap idea..

The future is probably hydrogen...

Last edited:
EVs are like Lock Down regulations, many people thought they were a good idea at the time, a few still do.
But if you think it through you'll realize it's a crap idea..

The future is probably hydrogen...

Hydrogen is terribly inefficient if you consider all the energy required to produce, transport and store it. Sure, future advances could reduce the losses involved, but the same efforts would probably be better spent on improving battery tech using alternative chemistries.

I would say any EV would still be costly to repair, the fewer the product in the market, the more expensive it is to buy and subsequently to repair.

Plus I would also not be surprised to see BMW giving the i5 different part numbers and a few tweaks in the design of the components just to make it different and more pricy.
Maybe, but at least you have a better chance of actually getting the part in a timely manner.

Nuclear may be the way. Imagine never having to fill up or recharge, ever. Wonder if all the research and development into EVs was put into that.

If Japan converted all thier vehicles to EV overnight.
Japan wouldn't have enough electricity to charge them.

Ergo, it is not a workable solution for 90% of countries.

But if you admire Greta, are a bit nerdy, live in a small country with a small population that produces more electricity than it needs & has a well established, cheap and efficient public transport system and you do not have oil...

Then EVs are a good alternative...

Why the screenshot and not a link to the actual article?

In the next paragraph they claim that the elites also prefer unvaccinated pilots. It’s like the writers of these types of articles try to cram all the conspiracy theories they believe in into everything they write about.
…from a video, it funny. I not read article. I not care. Here’s a suppository to keep you calm.
659D02F7-EEAE-4284-B105-05A9758F23D0.jpeg

You can rent a Polestar cheaper than a Astra!

My worries with a EV rental in foreign country would be to find charging stations.

1707233278735.png

1707233580038.png

You can rent a Polestar cheaper than a Astra!

My worries with a EV rental in foreign country would be to find charging stations.

View attachment 1657514

View attachment 1657516
The charging stations are usually built into the navigation system to show you the nearest available unit. Also when planning longer journeys, the location of charging stations are included in the route provided.

This happened to relatives of mine in Germany. It was a huge mess and almost ended with them missing their flights.

"Never again" I believe was said :p

"However, in many countries they are subject to high import tariffs. The EU currently imposes a 10% import tariff on each car brought in. And in the US, car imports from China are subject to a 27.5% tariff.

These tariffs may well rise further. The EU is conducting an investigation into whether its tariff is too low. If it concludes this later this year, higher duties will be applied retrospectively to imported cars."

WTF? Maybe if they can find a way to drop the prices of vehicles people will buy them? Who the hell wants to pay half a bar on something that loses it's value.

Back