Hetzner South Africa re-brands to Xneelo

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Hetzner South Africa re-brands to Xneelo

Hetzner South Africa has rebranded as Xneelo as part of its global expansion initiative and to differentiate itself from Hetzner Online.

Xneelo already has an office in Canada and intends to launch into new markets with tailored web hosting services.

timlza

bad name choice. does not sound professional at all. must now advise corporate clients are with "ex nee lo". oh my word.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
What was the relationship between Hetzner.co.za and Hetzner.de? The logos were identical and I do recall Hetzner.co.za at one point offering German servers?

stoymigo

bad name choice. does not sound professional at all. must now advise corporate clients are with "ex nee lo". oh my word.
it's all about service, u can have the coolest name but if a competitor is better with a shitty name then ppl will go for that

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It's shocking. Possibly the worst rebrand I've ever seen. Sounds like the sort of crap people choose purely because the domain is available.

it's all about service, u can have the coolest name but if a competitor is better with a shitty name then ppl will go for that
That's not true. Marketing and branding is huge. Hetzner switching to the stupid sounding exneelo (which they aren't capitalising) will be a huge boost to their competitors in SA with professional names.

Most businesses would rather have the online component of their business hosted with Domains.co.za over exneelo, for example.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
How the fück is that pronounced? Stupid name if you cannot naturally read it but no doubt some dork decided he knows better.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
How the fück is that pronounced? Stupid name if you cannot naturally read it but no doubt some dork decided he knows better.
It's pronounced exneelo.

I wouldn't want clients to ever see or hear such a childish and silly web host name, and I wonder how many resellers will switch to Domains (or just use them going forward) as a result of the rebrand.

It's so bad it impacts the professionalism of agencies using them. Sounds like a hipster/vegan restaurant or something.

RedViking

Nord of the South
At least it is not as bad as when people pronounce Huawei or Xiaomi.

Or maybe it is worst.

quovadis

Expert Member
It's pronounced exneelo.

I wouldn't want clients to ever see or hear such a childish and silly web host name, and I wonder how many resellers will switch to Domains (or just use them going forward) as a result of the rebrand.

It's so bad it impacts the professionalism of agencies using them. Sounds like a hipster/vegan restaurant or something.
Personally I would choose service over name. Plenty of businesses have complicated names and don’t suffer as a result of them.

animehero

Expert Member
I dont know guys, I kind of like it.
Also it doesn't change the service levels we are used to

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hands up if any of the prior posts are current customers of Hetzner?
I'm a customer of both Hetzner and Domains. Why is this relevant?

Why not reply to the substance of their comments rather than question whether they're entitled to an opinion.

Feels more like an exit than a rebrand.
I'm very curious as to the long term effect of shifting to an unprofessional name. It surely can't be good.

At least it is not as bad as when people pronounce Huawei or Xiaomi.

Or maybe it is worst.
Not apples and apples though. Huawei and Xiaomi attract consumers by undercutting the market. And their names sound fine.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Personally I would choose service over name. Plenty of businesses have complicated names and don’t suffer as a result of them.
It's not a trade-off of service over name. Domains.co.za have exceptional service and name.

My point was that I expect a decent number of businesses to opt for a professional sounding web host.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Agreed. Have been a customer more or less since they started. Not mad about the name, but irrelevant compared to reliability and price.