Hey mybroadband. A stoner 'ere

theanxiousstoner

Hey guys n gals,

So I have spent quite some time on this forum as a lurker. I don't know, I never really got into communities so much when I was younger.

I started writing for a big US magazine site last year and they have changed my mind on 'socializing' online and putting myself out there.

I started a blog called The Anxious Stoner this week to clear up the misconceptions South Africans have towards dagga, and figured now that medical legalization is fast approaching South Africa would do well with a weed blog, run by a medical marijuana patient. :D

Wish me luck and you will most likely find me hanging around off topic.

Have a good weekend chaps. Smoke a phat one for me. Or if you do not smoke weed have a beer and relax. no need to be judgerig!

:D

- The Anxious Stoner.

Last edited:

Drake2007

Expert Member
Hi I'm a grandpaer I take grandpa when I have a headache and I think I should start a whole blog about it to make it cool to take grandpa.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Hi I'm a grandpaer I take grandpa when I have a headache and I think I should start a whole blog about it to make it cool to take grandpa.
Do you get headaches often or just when you drink too much?

maumau

Honorary Master
Some people here could teach you more about getting stoned than you know...just saying :)

Nobody's judging.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Friday thread is friday thread.
Another clone IMO.

Thor

Honorary Master
Not so sure if I'm in the whole dagga is a miracle drug camp.

Let it be legal for recreational use.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Not so sure if I'm in the whole dagga is a miracle drug camp.

Let it be legal for recreational use.
It's probably not a miracle drug, but it definitely has some medicinal applications.

One way or the other, typically, medical then recreational is the cycle our societies are comfortable with and legally this makes sense, given the scheduling systems we use.

Which is not to say I agree with the way this all is, but sometimes the only way to progress is to work within the constraints of the system.

Thor

Honorary Master
It's probably not a miracle drug, but it definitely has some medicinal applications.

One way or the other, typically, medical then recreational is the cycle our societies are comfortable with and legally this makes sense, given the scheduling systems we use.

Which is not to say I agree with the way this all is, but sometimes the only way to progress is to work within the constraints of the system.
True I hear you. Just tired every time with people.... you know....

Then all they keep talking about is miracle this cure cancer there, cure this here.

I just go like wtf ever.

I just like it cause it's way better than being a non functional drunk.

theanxiousstoner

Thanks for all the replies folks.

First off, I do not think cannabis is a cure all for cancer. I believe it helps alleviate a lot of symptoms that doctors sub heavy drugs for.

Secondly. A clone? Ok thanks. But I am a writer. I write for http://420smokers.us and a few other mags for a living..

But anyhoo, Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Lets blaze one.

Thor

Honorary Master
Thanks for all the replies folks.

First off, I do not think cannabis is a cure all for cancer. I believe it helps alleviate a lot of symptoms that doctors sub heavy drugs for.

Secondly. A clone? Ok thanks. But I am a writer. I write for http://420smokers.us and a few other mags for a living..

But anyhoo, Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Lets blaze one.
That I can agree with. I'd much rather let a person be sedated in a certain degree by weed than have his life fcked up by US style painkillers.

theanxiousstoner

Thanks Thor187,

This has been my stance, When I was young (14), I was put on ritilyn and anti depressents for ADHD and Anxiety.

At 17 I stopped taking the stuff and started smoking weed. Some of my friends that carried on taking rit and other drugs for 'ADHD' are now mostly addicted to cocaine and still on meds.

I have not taken a med (Other than anti biotics for flu,etc) since. (Ok other than the weed..)

And yes I am not completely on the right with weed. Of course it has its down sides.

I worry about my lungs and gums from smoking and my short term memory is kinda shot. . But better that, than worrying about my liver and being addicted to uppers, while being too anxious to speak to anyone and not being able to focus on longer tasks.

Because I write a lot in this niche I also tend to see a lot of US fans and how much cannabis has helped their lives and allowed them to enjoy the last bits of it to the full, rather than being stuck in a hospital getting blasted with mustard gas (Yep, that is what chemo really is boy and girls.. )

Thor

Honorary Master
Thanks Thor187,

This has been my stance, When I was young (14), I was put on ritilyn and anti depressents for ADHD and Anxiety.

At 17 I stopped taking the stuff and started smoking weed. Some of my friends that carried on taking rit and other drugs for 'ADHD' are now mostly addicted to cocaine and still on meds.

I have not taken a med (Other than anti biotics for flu,etc) since. (Ok other than the weed..)

And yes I am not completely on the right with weed. Of course it has its down sides.

I worry about my lungs and gums from smoking and my short term memory is kinda shot. . But better that, than worrying about my liver and being addicted to uppers, while being too anxious to speak to anyone and not being able to focus on longer tasks.

Because I write a lot in this niche I also tend to see a lot of US fans and how much cannabis has helped their lives and allowed them to enjoy the last bits of it to the full, rather than being stuck in a hospital getting blasted with mustard gas (Yep, that is what chemo really is boy and girls.. )
Eatables is more my style. I'm not a smoker can't stand it. Granted a vaporizer was better than a joint/bong.

Would you attribute short term memory loss as a result of weed?

Eti1

Expert Member
Eatables is more my style. I'm not a smoker can't stand it. Granted a vaporizer was better than a joint/bong.

Would you attribute short term memory loss as a result of weed?
I would. The amount of time I spend just looking for stuff like keys, phone etc. Totally worth it though.