Hezbollah seizes Israel soldiers (trouble brewing)

|tera|

Master of Messengers
This sucks, me don't like people messing with Israel (before I get flamed, it's just my opinion)

killadoob

Honorary Master
ya mess with Israel at your peril

4th most advanced army in the world :)

but a nuke would end that chip chop

icyrus

Executive Member
Stupidity. I would have thought by now someone in the middle east would have learned how to deal with the situation...

Guess not.

Waron

Zero Tolerance leadership on all sides. I can't see much compromise in that region and time soon.

krycor

Honorary Master
It goes both ways. Yah american nuke tech, but thats worthless cause well they want the land. Now we just need korea to get good icbm's. I wonder if the US will go into iran when nkorea have shown they mean business. It would show the real agenda quite clearly.

Last edited:

Waron

Israel got their own nukes and will sit pretty in the middle of "shark infested waters" - the message to USA fearing countries... get nukes quick before the USA goes Iraq on us.

It always made me laugh when the US talked about non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and nuclear dis-armourment and then signed a couple of billion dollars towards developing more of their own nuclear missle technology.

Watch this space... big nuclear trouble just a few bad political moves away.

icyrus

Executive Member
As far as I remember the US's deals on new nuclear technology was to replace their aging current arms with more modern and easier to maintain ones.

I very much doubt there will ever be another nuclear weapon used in anger by an established country. Perhaps terrorists if they manage to get one.

No country has anything to gain from a nuclear strike.

Waron

I agree that no country will use a nuclear weapon directly, if it hapens, it will be the way of a Tom Clancy style plot, and called a Terrorist Attack.

Interesting that the USA broke international law by using uranium hardened anti take missiles in Iraq, leaving radioactive material on the ground. Also used the banned cluster bombs but these are not radio active.

Waron

Okay, I thought it was really nice of the kidnappers of the first israeli soldier to say that they would not kill him.

They were asking for a prisoner exchange, without any threats. I wonder why they did this?

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
It also amazes me how all the Middle Eastern countries love to mess with countries that have far superior armies (like Israel/US). When will they ever learn...

krycor

Honorary Master
Well the israel thing is seen as justified due to them displacing palestinians. US supports them hence they are a target. I don't think Iran etc want a war with US but also don't want to be dictated what they can and won't do. The whole US invasion in the middle east is to secure Israel as the only major power by replacing anti states with more friendly gov and thus secure it.(Not that the arab world liked sadam)

nocilah

Banned
you should read up about 'agent orange' in veitnam and the apparent use of nukes and not chemicals by USA as was believed in veitnam. havent made up an oppinion about it yet, but still interesting.

ajak

Expert Member
Dkgk

Hezbollah kills seven, seizes two,
opening second front against Israel
By Dan Baron
July 12, 2006

JERUSALEM, July 12 (JTA) — Hezbollah has opened up a second front against Israel, raising the prospect of a regional war that could draw in Lebanon and Syria.

Under cover of a massive artillery barrage against northern Israel on Wednesday morning, Hezbollah militiamen killed seven Israeli soldiers and seized two others. Four residents of the Western Galilee were wounded.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, preoccupied with a military sweep of the Gaza Strip aimed at recovering a soldier abducted by Palestinian gunmen June 25, spoke of the Hezbollah raid as an unprecedented act of aggression.

“The murderous attack this morning was not a terror attack but an act of war,” he told reporters. “The Lebanese government, of which Hezbollah is a part, is trying to shake regional stability. Lebanon is responsible and Lebanon will bear the consequences of its actions.”

Three soldiers were killed and the two were seized while on border patrol. Israeli forces were quick to respond, as artillery units and warplanes shelled bridges in southern Lebanon that could be used to smuggle the captive soldiers northward.

On the ground, armored columns rolled across the border and engaged in running battles with Hezbollah gunmen. At least two Lebanese were killed. An Israeli tank hit a mine, resulting in the other four Israeli deaths.

It was the biggest incursion since Israel withdrew from southern Lebanon in 2000, dismantling its security zone there.

With the Israeli military mobilizing thousands of reserve troops, and facing serious security challenges on the Palestinian front, experts predicted a spectacular offensive in Lebanon aimed as much at restoring Israel’s deterrent image as at returning the two soldiers.

“Israel’s nerves are already on edge. This is going to convince a great deal of people that something drastic needs to be done to re-establish some kind of credibility,” said Mark Heller of Tel Aviv University’s Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies.

Gerald Steinberg, head of the Program on Conflict Management at Bar-Ilan University, said Israel had a major military response in store.

“This is a major escalation and Israel will respond by escalating. This is not going to be a localized incident,” he said. “The international community is powerless because they have acted weakly and allowed Hezbollah to stay armed.”

“The question is whether this will now escalate into Syria,” Steinberg added. Syria and Iran are Hezbollah’s main sponsors.

Damascus did little to quell Israel’s ire. Syria’s foreign minister, Farouk Shara, said the Hezbollah raid, like Palestinian attacks, were “provoked” by Israeli “occupation.”

Hezbollah, for its part, was quick to propose a diplomatic solution of sorts to the crisis it had caused.

Lebanon’s energy minister, Mohammed Fneish, the only Hezbollah member of the country’s Cabinet, said his militia aimed to secure the release of Arab security prisoners from Israeli jails.

Israeli officials had no immediate comment on the proposal.

Olmert has ruled out Palestinian demands for the release of hundreds of prisoners before any information is offered on Cpl. Gilad Shalit, who was snatched from an army base in Israel close to Gaza.

Analysts say such a deal could put cracks in the U.S.-led diplomatic embargo against the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority.

But Israel already has dealt with Hezbollah, albeit through German mediators. In 2004, Israel freed more than 400 Lebanese, Palestinian and other terrorists from its jails in return for a kidnapped Israeli businessman and the bodies of three Israeli soldiers killed in a border clash.

Israeli public pressure for similar negotiations to retrieve Wednesday’s captives is likely to be heavy, given evidence that they were taken alive. One television report said government officials had voiced interest in renewing German mediation.

kilo39

Executive Member
Under cover of a massive artillery barrage against northern Israel on Wednesday morning, Hezbollah militiamen killed seven Israeli soldiers and seized two others. Four residents of the Western Galilee were wounded.
-
The murderous attack this morning was not a terror attack but an act of war,” he told reporters. “The Lebanese government, of which Hezbollah is a part, is trying to shake regional stability. Lebanon is responsible and Lebanon will bear the consequences of its actions.”
Uum exactly who is attacking who? Who's act of war - a massive artillery barrage?

The rhetoric is sickening.

How does kidnapping one soldier equate to tank, artillery and air attacks?

The jackboot fits.

squirrel

Expert Member
The Middle East is such a goddamn mess. **** has been happening there for centuries

kilo39

Executive Member
squirrel said:
The Middle East is such a goddamn mess. **** has been happening there for centuries
Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbour" - and "Turn the other cheek?"

pupa

Banned
Kill the B@stards!, Scum of the middle East. Then they are all scum, Iranians, Iraqis, Palestinians + Hamas, Syrians + Hezbollah, Libya, etc. All except Israelis, (Read the Bible:D) and we join them see here http://www.mweb.co.za/news/?p=top_article&i=197039 Time to move, get to civilisation and leave the rot behind!