Hezbollah seizes Israel soldiers (trouble brewing)

Albereth

Honorary Master
kilo39 said:
Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbour" - and "Turn the other cheek?"
That's a Christian thing. Not too many Christians in the ME.

ajak

Expert Member
Here comes BIG hak

Jerusalem - Israel has information that Lebanese fighters who captured two Israeli soldiers are trying to transfer them to Iran, foreign ministry spokesperson Mark Regev said.
Regev did not disclose the source of his information.
Hezbollah fighters, who are backed by Iran, seized the soldiers on Wednesday in a cross-border raid. Israel has since attacked Lebanon by air and sea, and has sent in troops to look for the captured soldiers.

kilo39

Executive Member
Albereth said:
That's a Christian thing. Not too many Christians in the ME.
PITY

Israel has since attacked Lebanon by air and sea, and has sent in troops to look for the captured soldiers
Suppose - do we expect them to react in any other way? Engagement and Peace doesn't come from the barrel of a gun.

Vio

Expert Member
I wouldn't be surprized if Israel uses this as a excuse to "turn back the dial 20 years" on iran's nuclear program.

The real culprit in this region though is syria, they are responsible for most terrorist activities in this region.

Phaff

The ME is in a mess, but I dont think it will ever end. I think the day there is peace in the ME I will hold my breath cause then something is wrong. Its like when your kids are quiet, you know they are up to something..
At least it gives the gov a nice reason to increase the petrol price, 100 dollars a barrel here we come... anyone want to sell me a bike?

Creed

Firstly I am very pro Israel

When will the Arabs learn? The Israeli's forcibly move their own people from the gaza strip(Carte Blanche had a show of that),put up a HUGE wall to keep the other people out and make dedicated attempts at peace and what do the Arabs do? They kidnap Israli soldiers.

I think the reason they keep on goading Israel is to force an "excessive" use of force and to help turn the world more firmly against Israel.Maybe they poked beehives with a stick when they were younger and got bored with that.....

Tassidar

Expert Member
I have strong doubts about Israel's action.

For me this is an act of aggression, without any conlclusive proof. It reminds me somewhat of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, which was used as an excuse to start WW1.

I really think that Israel is just using this as an excuse to justify aggression, as the USA did with 9/11 (Remember that Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11).

What is really going to be interesting to watch is how international politics play out from here. Will Iran side with Lebannon and issue an ultimatum to Israel? What will the US do? What will nations such as Egypt, Kuwait etc... do? Their reactions will determine the scope of the war, and of future world peace.

Ultimately, the ME is a confluence of three fundamental religeons, all with vested interest. None of those factions will back down, and long-term peace will never be an option. Much of this ties into religeous beliefs about the coming of Armageddon.

schitz011

Expert Member
TassidarMuch of this ties into religeous beliefs about the coming of Armageddon.[/QUOTE said:
Cool, thats means I wont have to go into work anymore and can live a sweet Mad Max style life, engaging in car warfare on the roads and fighting off hordes of pillagers and seeing my loved ones killed/raped/mugged..

Hang on, sure this hasn't happened already??

pupa said:
Kill the B@stards!, Scum of the middle East. Then they are all scum, Iranians, Iraqis, Palestinians + Hamas, Syrians + Hezbollah, Libya, etc. All except Israelis, (Read the Bible:D) and we join them see here http://www.mweb.co.za/news/?p=top_article&i=197039 Time to move, get to civilisation and leave the rot behind!
What a load of rot! Read the Bible? Read the Bible properly and you will see that post in the same light I do.