HG532F Router - Slow/Laggy Internet

zerak

I have an HG532f router. Some of my wireless devices just loads internet content every couple of seconds and it seems like the internet has dropped even though the connections does not indicate that there is no internet. after a couple of seconds the connection will work again. I am with Afrihost and they are of the meaning that everything on their side is fine and that the problem lies with my router.

Could upgrading my firmware or changing settings on the router in any way help with this issue. I will have a maximum of 4 devices connected to the router at once. I have tried changing the dns on the devices to 8.8.8.8, resetting the router, forgetting the connections, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
When you say reset, did you reset it to factory settings or just reboot?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I dont think you can update the firmware even with the original firmware as it differs.

I do have the same router, what channel is the wifi? if its anything above 11 it will bug out.

zerak

I checked now and the channel is set to Auto. Am I looking at the correct setting... WIFI Channel.PNG

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Yea, make it 1,6 or 11

Use a wifi analyzer app on your phone to chose the most unused channel.

zerak

Thanks will play around and give it a try! Hopefully this will sort out all my problems.