High number of South Africans have developed COVID-19 antibodies

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
High number of South Africans have developed COVID-19 antibodies

New research by the South African National Blood Service (SANBS) and other researchers have revealed a high number of South Africans have SARS-CoV-2 antibodies.

This research was conducted because of the lack of information about the true number of COVID-19 infections and people with antibodies in South Africa.

Apogee

Makes sense that the virus then had to mutate to get past our higher resistance.

homeboy

Does this mean, to do a blood test first to determined if you need the vaccine or not? Will I still be forced to take vaccine although I have covid antibodies to get a clear certificate?

BraBean

Honorary Master
What is that thing they talk about in the end about race, I can't make out that graphs. Does some races from poorer households have more anti-bodies or is it the other way around?

B-1

Expert Member
What is that thing they talk about in the end about race, I can't make out that graphs. Does some races from poorer households have more anti-bodies or is it the other way around?

Yes there is marked difference in antibodies between different races and they attribute it to socioeconomic factors mostly.

yebocan

Honorary Master
Yes there is marked difference in antibodies between different races and they attribute it to socioeconomic factors mostly.
better nutrition = better building blocks for the body to do what is meant to do...

yebocan

Honorary Master
So? There never was any real social lockdown and people don't wear masks anyway.
Only the economy had lockdown. Not the people. Only the dof "command council" thought there was an actual lockdown.
hindsight is indeed a exact science ...

neoprema

Expert Member
Does this mean, to do a blood test first to determined if you need the vaccine or not? Will I still be forced to take vaccine although I have covid antibodies to get a clear certificate?
Natural antibodies do not equal vaccine-promoted antibodies. While risk is still lower of re-infection after natural antibody creation, the vaccine has more efficacy.

R13...

Honorary Master
So? There never was any real social lockdown and people don't wear masks anyway.
Only the economy had lockdown. Not the people. Only the dof "command council" thought there was an actual lockdown.
What's caused case rates to drop off from their peaks over the past few weeks?