Hisense SmartTV, not so smart?

...kRiLLin...

Hi Guys,
Maybe Im not so smart, I bought a Hisense A6100 50"

I bought a smart TV for the sole purpose that I wanted wifi to connect to a LAN media server, like a did with one of the other Samsung TV's.

I can connect to WiFi, but I cant seem to find where to search for LAN devices? I also cant seem to find where to install new Apps on this TV.

I tried connecting my Netflix, but keeps popping up with some error saying cant connect, however Youtube works fine. I tried floowing the Netflix reset guide that resets Netflix on the TV but no luck.

Anyone Else having these issues with Hisense? Can anyone assist?

I noticed that the Hisense no longer uses Android, but some other OS now.

...kRiLLin...

Thanks, it is already connected to the WiFi, I can use Youtube, and browse via the Browser though, that seems to be the only thing that kinda works out of the box....everything else seems to be a mission.

I bought one of these Rii wireless keyboards, works with the other TVs, doesnt work with the Hisense

aleksandar

I got 7000UWG with intention of getting some sort of media player since Hisense is using their os.
Netflix worked out of the box, I just followed user/pass setup.
Precisely what error are you getting?

For my local stuff I installed plex server and Hisense client app works great.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I hit the Netflix button on my N5000 and it worked, same as Youtube wasn't anything funny I had to do.

...kRiLLin...

Cant remember exactly what the error was, but the articles on mosts sites said I need to reset the account, delink the account and relink it....still no luck....close to taking a petrol and match to the flippen thing lol

gamer16

Honorary Master
Thanks, it is already connected to the WiFi, I can use Youtube, and browse via the Browser though, that seems to be the only thing that kinda works out of the box....everything else seems to be a mission.

I bought one of these Rii wireless keyboards, works with the other TVs, doesnt work with the Hisense
The bit of the manual I want you to refer to is this:
Capture.JPG

Is DHCP enabled on your router supplying the wired connection?

...kRiLLin...

Yes, DHCP is enabled and the device is getting an IP.

Managed to get the Netflix working, with a bit of additional tweaking and resetting.

I'm curious to know whats the BIG + of having a smart TV over a Normal TV? other than the Internet that can connect to Netflix and Youtube, and a bunch of foreign channels. Probably cheaper and easier to have a Normal non smart with a Pi? No?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
No you are right this isn't a "Smart TV".

This is a not so dumb TV with some web wrapper "apps" pre-loaded but that's where it ends.

cobuskruger

Yes, DHCP is enabled and the device is getting an IP.

Managed to get the Netflix working, with a bit of additional tweaking and resetting.

I'm curious to know whats the BIG + of having a smart TV over a Normal TV? other than the Internet that can connect to Netflix and Youtube, and a bunch of foreign channels. Probably cheaper and easier to have a Normal non smart with a Pi? No?
Hi, do you remember what you did to get your Netflix working? I have the same model and mine breaks literally every single day.

R4m80

Hi, do you remember what you did to get your Netflix working? I have the same model and mine breaks literally every single day.
This is a problem with the Netflix app on the TV. This has been fixed in newer firmware, but in South Africa, we don't seem to get the newer firmware. To update the firmware, you have 2 choices.

1.) Download the UK firmware onto a USB stick and install it on the TV. Why UK firmware you may ask. Because there is no SA firmware available. Google is your friend here.
2.) Change the region of your TV to UK and immediately the firmware will be available to download on the TV.

Note: In both options you will loose the DStv Now and Showmax apps and gain some UK apps like BBC. But don't fear, install the RemoteNow app on your phone before upgrading the firmware. After you upgraded the firmware, the DStv Now and Showmax apps will still show up on the RemoteNow app and if you select it, voila, the apps will start on the TV.

Suspect99

Executive Member
This is a problem with the Netflix app on the TV. This has been fixed in newer firmware, but in South Africa, we don't seem to get the newer firmware. To update the firmware, you have 2 choices.

1.) Download the UK firmware onto a USB stick and install it on the TV. Why UK firmware you may ask. Because there is no SA firmware available. Google is your friend here.
2.) Change the region of your TV to UK and immediately the firmware will be available to download on the TV.

Note: In both options you will loose the DStv Now and Showmax apps and gain some UK apps like BBC. But don't fear, install the RemoteNow app on your phone before upgrading the firmware. After you upgraded the firmware, the DStv Now and Showmax apps will still show up on the RemoteNow app and if you select it, voila, the apps will start on the TV.
The hisense south Africa site has some updated firmware. I did the update and Netflix is working fine now.

Dretastic06

The hisense south Africa site has some updated firmware. I did the update and Netflix is working fine now.
I have the A6100 downloaded the updated on the USB but cant seem to get it working did you change anything?

Suspect99

Executive Member
I have the A6100 downloaded the updated on the USB but cant seem to get it working did you change anything?
I know the flash drive needs to be in FAT32 format and then put the bin file on it without any other files. Update the TV from settings.

I actually used a link to the software @Hisense SA pmed me.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Just bought this exact same TV today for my mom.
Need to mess around with it over the weekend and make sure that I don't get any annoying phone calls about how to do this or that.

Hisense SA

Did you get a zip or a .bin?

Their instructions say to unzip the file. I guess mine is already unzipped to what I need to put in root of flash: A6100UW.bin
Please note these links only stay active for 7 days.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Did you get a zip or a .bin?

Their instructions say to unzip the file. I guess mine is already unzipped to what I need to put in root of flash: A6100UW.bin
Just use the bin file as is. The intructions on the website look outdated