Hisense SmartTV, not so smart?

Budza

Executive Member
Please note these links only stay active for 7 days.
I downloaded from your site.

How long will your outdated info remain?

Do you recommend using the USB update or checking for updates via the TV settings?

Djallstar

Please note these links only stay active for 7 days.
Please help!! I have a 43″ UHD SMART – A6100 | 43A6100UW TV and I cannot upgrade the firmware... Tried everything. Placed the download on a flash drive - Wont work! Tried the upgrade via USB and it says upgrade package not found...

Seriously this shouldn't be soo hard!!!

Hisense SA

Please help!! I have a 43″ UHD SMART – A6100 | 43A6100UW TV and I cannot upgrade the firmware... Tried everything. Placed the download on a flash drive - Wont work! Tried the upgrade via USB and it says upgrade package not found...

Seriously this shouldn't be soo hard!!!

Did you manage after the update I gave you?

theTottom

Hi there,

Please assist me in updating the Firmware on my TV - 55K3300UW.

It is not updating via the network and it is not finding the update file as specified below.

I did try the update of the firmware as directed on these links and did download the ".gz" file for my model TV. 55K3300UW - from https://hisense.co.za/wp-content/uploads/patches/55K3300UW.gz.

I also did follow the below process, using different USB sticks (2gb & 16gb) and any of the 3 USB ports.

I used the following names of the file:
update.pkg
update.bin
55K3300UW.pkg
55K3300UW.bin

All it does is goes past the HiSense splash screen, to the last used input channel.

Preparation:
1. Insert the USB into a computer and open it as a folder view. In the side menu select the USB and right click
2. Select the format option and it will open a sub menu.
3. In the sub menu, select the File system drop down menu and select FAT32.
4. In the format options untick the option that says Quick Format.
5. Click Start. Once completed the USB will be ready for the software to be loaded on.
6. Download Firmware zip file.
7. Unzip file.
8. Copy unzipped file to USB Drive format as Fat32.
Firmware update:
1. When TV is on, unplug Power Cord on the back of TV.
2. Plug in USB stick with Upgrade Firmware into TV USB port
3. Hold the POWER button on remote control and at the same time turn on the TV by connecting the Power Cord back. Release POWER button on remote control only when you see ‘Software Updating’ on TV.
4. TV will then update automatically, and restart when update complete Important: Do not interrupt the update; do not use the remote control and keep the unit ON all the time.
5. Remove the USB memory key.
6. Press Quick Setup button on remote, go to Full
menu settings -> About- >Restore To Factory
Default. Then follow the installation guide to finish
setting up the TV.
Note: Some people have reported that it can take several attempts to get the firmware to update.

Any assistance would be appreciated.