HMS and the Huawei AppGallery - Performance on the P40 Lite

Vorastra

Executive Member
Can I access all of my paid apps from the Play Store? No? Why is the article trying to make it out as if you can?
This does not mean that you will be limited in your app choice, however...
Yes. you very much will.

Totempole

Expert Member
Can I access all of my paid apps from the Play Store? No? Why is the article trying to make it out as if you can?
Yes. you very much will.

No access to Apps you've bought on Google Play and also no access to carrier billing.

So no buying apps using your Vodacom or Telkom airtime balance.

Even if they were 25% cheaper than the competition, I wouldn't consider a Huawei HMS phone.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Yes. you very much will.
You are about to be flamed by the pro Huawei crowd on here

Totempole

Expert Member
You are about to be flamed by the pro Huawei crowd on here

Their range of devices are fine. Their flagships are impressive. But HMS has a very long road ahead of them if they want to be truly competitive with GMS.

Migrating from a GMS device to an HMS device would be almost as inconvenient as migrating from Apple to GMS.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Some accompanying screenshots to go with the text would have been nice.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yes. you very much will.
No access to Apps you've bought on Google Play and also no access to carrier billing.

So no buying apps using your Vodacom or Telkom airtime balance.

Even if they were 25% cheaper than the competition, I wouldn't consider a Huawei HMS phone.
Yes just use https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Literally no. Thanks for the help but Google have already said that if they detect the use of stores like Aurora or Yalp, that they can and will issue you with a ban. I'm not risking thousands of Rands of apps for Huawei.
Lol the same Google that can't even remove malware from the Play store or fake videos.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
I am not keen on anything thats made in China especially after this virus .. Chinese products are difficult to avoid but I will where I can. We should rather go back to the "made in Japan" days. It's a better alternative

system32

Expert Member
We found that we could access everything from local banking apps to platforms such as DStv Now and Showmax directly from within AppGallery on the P40 Lite.
Naspers owns 30% of Tencent - makes sense that DSTV & Showmax would be available.

P40 is an excellent hardware device

1589617794029.png
These numbers should worry Google.

Global Developer Service Alliance (GDSA) should also help.