Hollow Earth / Hollow Planets

Rabobi

Executive Member
I find your reverence for the priests of science strange and unnerving. Unless you admit that many the institutions are filled with pseudo-scientists.... and that anyone calling their BS gets called a heretic because he dared poke the sacred cow.

Your argument seems to broadly follow a rule of thumb of "those that conform are scientists and those that do not are pseudo-scientists, Universities are the holy temples that only produce truth, etc."

Also you seem to falsely represent the apparent opposing viewpoint, it's not that that the current theories are wrong it's that they are potentially wrong and subject to potential total scrapping and that no worldview should be built upon such shakey ground, that utter faith in such a theory is itself religious etc.

Such views are becoming blatently common with many proven pseudo-scientists like Bill Bye calling for the heretics (thoug he would not dare to use the word or even think of it) to have their children removed from them because they don't believe in man made global warming. His alarmist position being we should first believe it and then properly prove it because it's too dangerous to do it the other way around first. I should add I suppose that there is no actual concensus and most actual climate scientists giving MMGW lip service do so because they don't wanna get fired.....

I'm quite sure these super-human beings you refer to as "true scientists" don't actually exist.....
wtf did i just read o_O

rambo919

Executive Member
My only question that I would like answered by Flat Earth, and Hollow Earth theorists is: what possible reason would the establishment have for lying to you?
Why must you insist on some kind of conspiracy? This pattern could be described as mere institutional group-think, same as with aristotilianism in the dark ages, no one dared question it because everyone agreed it was obviously true. Then the Catholic Church got involved now and then and it's megalomania enabled things to get really oppressive.

I'm not even arguing that any of these counter-institution theories are even half true, I'm arguing against the fallacies of the current system. TBH wheteher they are true or not does not even really matter to me, sun comes up sun goes down I'm happy.

As for any potential direct reasons for lying..... money, esteem and power?

rambo919

Executive Member
Please do not muddy the waters with flat earth talk. There is a flat earth thread for that discussion. Flat earth and hollow earth are two completely different topics.
Mind you.... what I want is a workable model of a flat but hollow earth..... that could be fun, very thin but fun.... unless it's flat, fat and hollow.

EDIT: sorry could not resist

mattrudlles

Please do not muddy the waters with flat earth talk. There is a flat earth thread for that discussion. Flat earth and hollow earth are two completely different topics.

No one said we are being lied to concerning the hollow earth (that is the argument of a flat earth theory). The theory for hollow earth questions the mainstream interpretation of the science that leads to the conclusion that the earth is solid. With the main argument revolving around how accurate our theory of Newtonian gravity is.
“Suspended in the center of that hollow is an interior sun that is divided by day and night sides,” he says, “The other part of the Hollow Earth theory is that near the North and South pole are substantial openings that lead into the interior.”

Erm okay. Sounds like bunk theory to me.

Edit: and since we have completely mapped the north pole, how come we haven't seen these entrances?

rambo919

Executive Member
And what exactly is your argument for newtonian gravity being inaccurate?
Wrong interpretation, he's probably saying it might be not that it is. Something to entertain as a thought experiment if nothing else.

mattrudlles

And when it is proven that the surface is the same width? What is the next goal post shift?
That's the byproduct of fiction novels and sailor accounts. The sailor's stories can be attributed to ocean vortex. However, their tales of finding an entire civilization then places question marks on the vortex explanation. As for the holes, the holes are most likely very small if it does exist, but due to lack of evidence of the holes, it was rather brought forward that there are no holes but rather less dense surface at the poles.

rambo919

Executive Member
That's the byproduct of fiction novels and sailor accounts. The sailor's stories can be attributed to ocean vortex. However, their tales of finding an entire civilization then places question marks on the vortex explanation. As for the holes, the holes are most likely very small if it does exist, but due to lack of evidence of the holes, it was rather brought forward that there are no holes but rather less dense surface at the poles.
There are also tales of "holes to hell", one in the vatican too. Though... difficult to prove more than mere drunken tales.

Temujin

Executive Member
Wrong interpretation, he's probably saying it might be not that it is. Something to entertain as a thought experiment if nothing else.
And theres the problem.... he's probably, could be, maybe... So far, he has a problem with a. a planet having a core, and now b. gravity, but has yet to explain or give reason on any of it... eg. accuracy of gravity... well what about it?
I think he needs to step away from the thread, get his **** together, and come back in a few weeks and give us an outline of what hes trying to say

rambo919

Executive Member
We have a very prominent example at the moment which is now in the hands of the SAHRC! A medical study based on researching a hypothesis gets researched, the results are analysed, and a report is issued. Somewhere in the report, a conclusion is drawn that raises the spectre of "racism" and now, a bunch of lawyers are going to be the ones to peer review and medical science matter??? Please! That is what happens when new information lands in the hands of people with agendas.
That's what happens when you stack the deck, the peer review process itself becomes corrupt and it's results meaningless. Peer review is a good tool but it's hardly incorruptible, another example being the western humanities university departments that have had absolute drivel passing through it's peer review for decades with the scam only now coming to light but is anyone now going to actually re-review the mountain of poop sitting in their libraries? No.

Like you said no one refutes climate change, the question is whether or not human activity makes even a dent on the global scale. In the cities with their tons of heat retaining concrete each year is hotter so the lemmings think everything is getting hotter..... meanwhile in the countryside things a actually cooling down. Now every time a perfectly normal natural disaster such as had occurred for thousands of years makes everyone loose their minds now and again.

rambo919

Executive Member
And theres the problem.... he's probably, could be, maybe... So far, he has a problem with a. a planet having a core, and now b. gravity, but has yet to explain or give reason on any of it... eg. accuracy of gravity... well what about it?
I think he needs to step away from the thread, get his **** together, and come back in a few weeks and give us an outline of what hes trying to say

Perhaps his intent (foolish for this forum as it is) was more to get a actual intellectual discussion going instead of just drawing baseless mockery? To bounce idea's around and see where it lands?

rambo919

Executive Member
Indeed. Personally, I love the tales of passages into hell or the center of the earth. There are many such tales and the easiest one to explore would be Oweynagat in Ireland. Rumored to be one of the entrances to the inner earth / hell.

Perhaps this was my fascination that drove me to drive out at 7pm for 2 hours to the nearest cave system near Cradle and explore caves until 4am in the morning on weekdays.
Somehow that's more likely to get you lost than actually going anywhere....

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Indeed. Personally, I love the tales of passages into hell or the center of the earth. There are many such tales and the easiest one to explore would be Oweynagat in Ireland. Rumored to be one of the entrances to the inner earth / hell.

Perhaps this was my fascination that drove me to drive out at 7pm for 2 hours to the nearest cave system near Cradle and explore caves until 4am in the morning on weekdays.
Except Oweynagat only extends 37m.... can't really be an entrance to anything if its that small.

rambo919

Executive Member
Just a little thought..... any potential holes at the poles..... you realizes there is a lot of ice there yes? that ice can unfreeze because of subdermal heat sources and then quickly refreeze yes? In fact the ice caps are always growing and refreezing, almost as if they are breathing.... which makes the "ice caps are melting" panic people get into particularly hilarious.