Home Affairs Cape Town Barrack Street

jezzad

Most days on the way to work I walk past home affairs in Cape Town on Barrack street.

The queue lengths vary considerably.

If anyone wants to know what they look like on a particular day feel free to send me a direct message. Ill carry on doing this and try be helpful until it becomes an absolute pain.

jezzad

Is there a pattern with certain days consistently having shorter queues?
The only pattern I have noticed is that on insanely busy days the next day its completely empty.

Late afternoon also seems much better than first thing in the morning.

Most days on the way to work I walk past home affairs in Cape Town on Barrack street.

If anyone wants to know what they look like on a particular day feel free to send me a direct message. Ill carry on doing this and try be helpful until it becomes an absolute pain.
Good

Good morning Jeremy. Hope I'm not being too much of a pain, have you any idea what the queue is like today? Many thanks

Naks

Expert Member
Hi everyone,

I have to go to DHA tomorrow, can someone please let me know where there is a parkade close by?

Thanks

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
This thread caused a flashback to my torrid past, Use to help my China's bribe officials way back....

Naks

Expert Member
Well, I found a great solution: I parked at the Portswood parkade at the V&A (3CV9+96 Cape Town), and then Ubered to & from Barrack St.

Parking for 3 hours cost R15, and Uber was R80 in total, but very worth it for the hassle-free factor. On top of that, the parkade has a carwash, so the Rangie got a much-needed scrub down for R95 while it was parked.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Well, I found a great solution: I parked at the Portswood parkade at the V&A (3CV9+96 Cape Town), and then Ubered to & from Barrack St.

Parking for 3 hours cost R15, and Uber was R80 in total, but very worth it for the hassle-free factor. On top of that, the parkade has a carwash, so the Rangie got a much-needed scrub down for R95 while it was parked.
There is a parkade in Corporation st, one block from DHA.

genetic

Honorary Master

Wow, what a waste of money and time.

There is plenty parking around the DHA. You could park in Harrington street or near fruit & veg which is literally a block or two away. Parking in Canterbury street too. There's also a paid parking garage in Buitenkant street.

Naks

Expert Member
R95 a waste of money? lol, that's not even half of my daily wine spend

Didn't know about the one on Buitenkant, I may try that next time.