Home Affairs goes after Indian employees at ANN7 – Report

Gordon_R

Executive Member
I read the report earlier, and found it a bit weird. The part that struck my interest was:

“I am not sure how many staff members we have from India but it’s a lot,” the employee said.
Why would a broadcasting company in SA have foreign nationals working for it? Surely we have hundreds of qualified young people looking for jobs?

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
From India or Indian?

Big difference between half of Durban being employed and a bunch of Gupta homies being employed.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
From India or Indian?

Big difference between half of Durban being employed and a bunch of Gupta homies being employed.
The quote about being from India is from an employee who would likely know them so presumably they were targeting the dudes with visas.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Where else would Indian illegal immigrants get jobs.
They are likely more qualified than both of us. And paid more.

And there are plenty of indian and possibly illegal immigrants as waiters, cooks, hairdressers, shop attendants in SA.

The higher skilled immigrants you will spot in Sandton mall

Last edited:

genetic

Honorary Master
They are likely more qualified than both of us. And paid more.

And there are plenty of indian and possibly illegal immigrants as waiters, cooks, hairdressers, shop attendants in SA.

The higher skilled immigrants you will spot in Sandton mall
You missed the part where he said illegal.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Most times, these peeps earn crap, but they love working here.
SA is a great place, and most locals have blinkers on
I can tell you one thing for free. A big portion of our IT dept has been outsourced to Zenzar (Indian company). These guys are coining it BIG time. ANd I might just add that their skill levels are nothing to write home about.

R13...

Honorary Master
Technically they can't be illegal as before the Guptas' fall from favour, HA had a dedicated desk to fast track Indian employee work permits from what has been written before about this issue. It looks like they're only being targeted now that the Guptas and Zuma are out of power & favour.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Technically, you are wrong. The targeting of "Indian workers" in SA to verify Visas and Permits has been mentioned about two years ago. It was also said that the Govt wants to look into the issue as to why they get work permits so easily, when there are qualified South Africans that can do the work.

thechamp

Honorary Master
So if any wrongdoing is found it means Jimmy the Boss is in trouble, not the Guptas, right?

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Technically they can't be illegal as before the Guptas' fall from favour, HA had a dedicated desk to fast track Indian employee work permits from what has been written before about this issue. It looks like they're only being targeted now that the Guptas and Zuma are out of power & favour.
Technically, you are wrong. The targeting of "Indian workers" in SA to verify Visas and Permits has been mentioned about two years ago. It was also said that the Govt wants to look into the issue as to why they get work permits so easily, when there are qualified South Africans that can do the work.
Luckily it only counts as exploitation of blacks when it's done by White Monopoly Capital or the West..

I wonder what Manyi's gonna say?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I read the report earlier, and found it a bit weird. The part that struck my interest was:

Why would a broadcasting company in SA have foreign nationals working for it? Surely we have hundreds of qualified young people looking for jobs?
Easier to exploit/cheaper to employ.