Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

deesef

Expert Member
Those who are not flashing Sonoff devices with Tasmota, what are you using to integrate with HA?

I'm trying to install Sonoff LAN through HACS. I believe I've downloaded it bit I cannot figure out how to run it.
They have an excellent guide on their GitHub page. Note that you need to insert the relevant yaml lines into the config file.

Vades

Thanks, but the issue seems to be that I cannot run the application. Looks like this:
Screenshot_20220121-164904_Home Assistant.jpg

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Then I'm stumped. Will recheck my yaml file tomorrow.

What is the issue though? Seems like you have done the installation correctly.

Have you added the sonoff lines to your yaml?
YAML:
sonoff:
  username: [ewelink username]
  password: [ewelink password]

Have you added any devices onto your ewelink app?

Stuey74

Those who are not flashing Sonoff devices with Tasmota, what are you using to integrate with HA?

I'm trying to install Sonoff LAN through HACS. I believe I've downloaded it bit I cannot figure out how to run it.
ESP Home

Vades

What is the issue though? Seems like you have done the installation correctly.

Have you added the sonoff lines to your yaml?
YAML:
sonoff:
  username: [ewelink username]
  password: [ewelink password]

Have you added any devices onto your ewelink app?
Finally. Added reload: always to config and now I see the device.

Any idea if one can connect/config to communicate whether the gate, in this instance is open or closed?

Also, I'd like to be able to tell Alexa to "open gate" as opposed to "turn gate on".

AmazeBalls

Finally. Added reload: always to config and now I see the device.

Any idea if one can connect/config to communicate whether the gate, in this instance is open or closed?

Also, I'd like to be able to tell Alexa to "open gate" as opposed to "turn gate on".

Can hook up one of those windows/door sensors to get the status. Not sure how to turn that into a open gate as appose to turn gate on. When you figure that out let me know

TedLasso

Expert Member
Can hook up one of those windows/door sensors to get the status. Not sure how to turn that into a open gate as appose to turn gate on. When you figure that out let me know

I just created an Alexa routine that does it. Example, it’s called, ‘open xxxx’. In my case, I don’t want anyone to be able to just say open gate, so I have a unique keyword to do that.

You need to understand, if someone knows you can do open gate or other via voice, in this crappy country , someone could break your window, and tell it to open gate.

I know ,cos I sometimes just talk through an open window to ask Alexa to that.

Our domestic, definitely doesn’t know what those commands are, but has her own ‘routine’ which if she says it, then opens gate and garage door for her to leave house and then closes them. I then get a notice that she activated that routine.

TedLasso

Expert Member

I just created an Alexa routine that does it. Example, it’s called, ‘open xxxx’. In my case, I don’t want anyone to be able to just say open gate, so I have a unique keyword to do that.

You need to understand, if someone knows you can do open gate or other via voice, in this crappy country , someone could break your window, and tell it to open gate.

Our domestic, definitely doesn’t know what those commands are, but has her own ‘routine’ which if she says it, then opens gate and garage door for her to leave house and then closes them. I then get a notice that she activated that routine.

Tinuva

The Magician

Alexa can be configured to know whose voice is asking something. I wonder if you can lock certain commands to only one voice.

ItherNiT

Can anyone here recommend a good doorbell cam (that works in HA)?
My wyze one is starting to die. The ones POE/powered ones I was able to find have some mixed reviews. The Ring poe one is crazy expensive.

Ideally I'd like to move away from wifi cams.

furpile

Expert Member
Can anyone here recommend a good doorbell cam (that works in HA)?
My wyze one is starting to die. The ones POE/powered ones I was able to find have some mixed reviews. The Ring poe one is crazy expensive.

Ideally I'd like to move away from wifi cams.
Don't have experience with any, but I saw Reolink will launch their own doorbell camera probably by March. If you can wait a bit to see what the specs and reviews are like.

ItherNiT

Don't have experience with any, but I saw Reolink will launch their own doorbell camera probably by March. If you can wait a bit to see what the specs and reviews are like.
I removed my wyze doorbell yesterday and added a dumb rf one in its place.

Going to wait for March/April will then either get Reolink or the new Unifi g4 pro doorbell (currently in early access) you can get a POE adapter : https://store.ui.com/collections/early-access/products/g4-doorbell-pro-ea

mrb13676

What are you all using for your Home floorplan diagrams on your Lovelace frontends? Have tried Sweethome but it’s time consuming… I’m at the point where I’m going to take a picture of the plans and use that - but it’s not pretty..

MidnightZA

Expert Member
1643354764038.png

Is this good hardware to run HA? I currently have a Pi4 4GB with a 256GB SSD.
If I switch to this, can my SSD (standard 2.5 inch, not NVME) be installed inside this unit?