Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

furpile

Expert Member
On the list in the AlexxIT github under cloud only, there is one as King M4, that one seems very similar to yours. If we assume the firmwares are similar also, it could mean that dimmer is cloud only. Thats just a guess, I could be wrong.
Thanks, yes it looks the same as that switch. So cloud only then. Not a big issue but annoying.

n00bster

anyone know how to make home assistant actionable notification auto expand so that you don't have to swipe down to press the button?

I tried changing phone notification to detailed but it is not working. (Android)

furpile

Expert Member
anyone know how to make home assistant actionable notification auto expand so that you don't have to swipe down to press the button?

I tried changing phone notification to detailed but it is not working. (Android)
I am using the actionable notification subflow in node-red and that pops up with at least 2 actions as part of the message. Are you doing it from an automation?

n00bster

I am using the actionable notification subflow in node-red and that pops up with at least 2 actions as part of the message. Are you doing it from an automation?
yes using normal automation. the notification works I just want the buttons to show without having to swipe. Sometime I accidently click on the notification when trying to swipe and then it opens the app which defeats the purpose of the button in the notification.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Do I need to change my recorder/history default settings to keep my Energy Dashboard data for longer?

Or does it just automatically hold onto that?

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
Do I need to change my recorder/history default settings to keep my Energy Dashboard data for longer?

Or does it just automatically hold onto that?
As far as I know it keeps the stats long term. Not sure how long. I can go back currently for about 6 months. To where I did a restore and nuked the database.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Can't say I've used them, but I personally do not like touch switches.

I won't mind the touch. I hardly would use them with all the automations (using my alarm passives and door sensors etc).

If they work with localtuya seamlessly then it would suit my use. I don't want to get it and then be stuck with the tuya cloud, then the light will be super delayed.

Doodler

Anyone smart enough to maybe help me with the below template sensor?

In essence it just adds together all the defined devices with power usage to show me a total current value.

Use to work great, but in the last update something broke, can't find what changed in the changelogs and I'm scared to ask those angry nerds on the HA forum :).

Would appreciate if someone could maybe nudge me in the right direction.

TIA

Code:
template:
  - sensor:
      - unique_id: Total Home Wattage
        name: "Total Home Wattage"
        unit_of_measurement: "W"
        state: >
          {{ (states('sensor.fridge_power')|float + states('sensor.geyser_power')|float + states('sensor.ultralink2_power')|float + states('sensor.bedroom_lamp_1_power')|float + states('sensor.hue_lamp_2_power')|float + states('sensor.tp_link_plug_current_consumption') |float)|round(1) }}

Tinuva

The Magician

In essence it just adds together all the defined devices with power usage to show me a total current value.

Use to work great, but in the last update something broke, can't find what changed in the changelogs and I'm scared to ask those angry nerds on the HA forum :).

TIA

Code:
template:
  - sensor:
          {{ (states('sensor.fridge_power')|float + states('sensor.geyser_power')|float + states('sensor.ultralink2_power')|float + states('sensor.bedroom_lamp_1_power')|float + states('sensor.hue_lamp_2_power')|float + states('sensor.tp_link_plug_current_consumption') |float)|round(1) }}
What is the error ? There should be something in the logs. I had to update a bunch of stuff recently too.

Tinuva

The Magician
Maybe try:
Code:
sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      total_home_wattage:
        friendly_name: "Total Home Wattage"
        value_template: >

w1tw0lf

Expert Member

TIA

Code:
template:
  - sensor:

Put this in developer tools -> template
Code:
and see what error it gives you.

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
Maybe try:
Code:
sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      total_home_wattage:
        friendly_name: "Total Home Wattage"
        value_template: >

As @Tinuva suggested, think this is the solution

Tinuva

The Magician
As @Tinuva suggested, think this is the solution
Haha just random idea, but I honestly not sure what is wrong with his. I do know his way is using a very old style and well most recent update removed some and started throwing warnings for some. Should be in the home assistant logs.

He can also try: Dev tools -> YAML -> check config