Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

Speedster

Honorary Master
For some reason HA won't pull in my solar production data. It says "The following entities have state class 'measurement' but 'last_reset' is missing:

sensor.solarman_daily_production“

Any idea how to fix this?

ItherNiT

No I get that standard. I have one or more of those sockets at every plug point in my house. I ensured that I included them 5 years ago when I redid the plugs and switches customised with Veti.

I was wondering if this is something that plugs into a plug and then we get all the goodness (like automation,etc)

If it is a plug point itself, then it's not standard for SA wall plugs (2x4 or 4x4) which would make them unsightly.
If you want to automate your existing wall socket you will probably need a shelly behind it.
As @Tinuva said these plug into you existing wall plug so the extend them a bit. The main advantage is you don't need to wire anything, unlike the sonoff zigbee switches.

The main reason I bought these was to strengthen my Zigbee network, I have 1 sonoff zigbee switch that might just be to close to the wifi AP and goes offline from time to time, these new devices allow me to still route around that device :)

1657023392500.png

Edit: You can also buys these plugs on the cheap side at mica. I recently made my heaters "smart" with the sonoff zigbee and these plugs. As I also had those new slots unused in the bedrooms. Mostly just using them for 2point plugs though.
d18d68471949b657728baf7ab6add373.jpg

Last edited:

neoprema

Executive Member
Hi All.

I have a HomeAssistant installed by a 3rd-party thats got my solar and geyser switches connected to it.

Is there way for HomeAssistant to "bridge" them to Homekit? as I only use Homekit for automation and i'de like the geyser switches and things to show up on my HomeKit

Mzezman

Expert Member
Hi All.

I have a HomeAssistant installed by a 3rd-party thats got my solar and geyser switches connected to it.

Is there way for HomeAssistant to "bridge" them to Homekit? as I only use Homekit for automation and i'de like the geyser switches and things to show up on my HomeKit

furpile

Expert Member
I installed a generic ewelink dimmer switch a while back. It has been working fine up to this morning. After loadshedding it is unavailable in home assistant. But it shows in the ewelink app and I can control it from there. Should I pair it again in ewelink? No updates were installed on HA. And no other devices are offline.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
I installed a generic ewelink dimmer switch a while back. It has been working fine up to this morning. After loadshedding it is unavailable in home assistant. But it shows in the ewelink app and I can control it from there. Should I pair it again in ewelink? No updates were installed on HA. And no other devices are offline.

Now that you mention it my one light controlled via sonoff cloud also became unavailable earlier today. I didnt have load shedding at all today so I don't think that's the cause in your case

Screenshot_20220706-193815_Home Assistant.jpg

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
Yup. Seems so. Just reboot HA after you edit the file and it will work.

TedLasso

Expert Member
its a smart plug. You plug it in to your veti, and your device into this smart plug. Control it with zigbee to go on/off from HA.
Cool , as pics on AliExpress link didn't show what was on other side, hence my question.

So do Alixpress orders get here fast? Is it reliable?

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Cool , as pics on AliExpress link didn't show what was on other side, hence my question.

So do Alixpress orders get here fast? Is it reliable?

@Tinuva also how is the import taxes handled? Is it all covered in the shipping costs or do you pay separate taxes when it reaches here?

furpile

Expert Member
If you are using sonofflan, there is an issue with it, but the fix is here: https://github.com/AlexxIT/SonoffLAN/issues/887
Didn't work for the 1 KingArt dimmer I have. All my Sonoff stuff are still working at least. It looks like AlexxIT is working on this so hopefully there is a fix soon. Reminder to have all your stuff work offline as well. Now I have to press the light switch myself :(

Tinuva

The Magician
@Tinuva also how is the import taxes handled? Is it all covered in the shipping costs or do you pay separate taxes when it reaches here?
Aliexpress is random.

First, most of the time cheapest shipping is SAPO. So wait time is minimum 4 months and about R50 processing fee per package.

Faster shipping is crazy expensive and still excludes tax.

ItherNiT

I found it best to just ship Alixpress items to US shipping company (myus). Then once all of the packages are there just dhl it here.

With prime day just around the corner it will probably be worth a consideration.

furpile

Expert Member
Didn't work for the 1 KingArt dimmer I have. All my Sonoff stuff are still working at least. It looks like AlexxIT is working on this so hopefully there is a fix soon. Reminder to have all your stuff work offline as well. Now I have to press the light switch myself :(
Looks like he found a temporary fix for this. You can read his comment here, and a few comments later the code to replace in your cloud.py file. Didn't work for me the first time but reverting the previous fix it is now working with the non-Sonoff part.

MidnightZA

Expert Member

AmazeBalls

Quite a randon issue happened yesterday, i noticed my gate (controlled by sonoff SV) opened randomly, after checking around it seems to be around the same time the issue was reported on github. did the change and all devices are fine though they were working before via lan. thought they went offline and the power on state was maybe "on" but it is clearly "off". Any ideas why it would randomly turn on?

Saba'a

Executive Member
My reolinks are all not working in HA. Not sure if this linked to the sonoff issue.

I updated the HA as well so may be cause?

Deleted and will reinstall.